Do you help other boaters? >

Do you help other boaters?

Notices

Do you help other boaters?

Old 06-13-2007, 01:47 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 50 Likes on 16 Posts

all the time...yea never know when it might be you that needs some assistance...heck i've even stopped while going WOT when i noticed a jetskier having problems getting back to their ski...if it doesn't look right i always slow down and offer to help out...
Old 06-13-2007, 02:01 PM
Are we having fun, yet?
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep, many times......

Last year at Buggs Island lake, a guy dropped his boat off the trailer on the ramp. Helped him!

Last year on our Poker Run, one of the guys from Lake Norman broke something in his motor (rocker arm, I beleive). Towed him in.

Two years ago, I was zipping down the "Riva" and happened on a capsized boat with three people hanging on to it. Put them on my boat a called for help.

You just never know when you may need a helping hand.......
Old 06-13-2007, 02:08 PM
Registered

Received 68 Likes on 26 Posts

I always help
Old 06-13-2007, 02:27 PM
Registered

We Always help someone who needs it. The Boating community is made up of the Finest peolpe. They are always helping and waving to each other. I think thats why we enjoy it so much.
Old 06-13-2007, 03:01 PM
Registered

Always - what goes around comes around. The only person I didn't help was the guy who cut in front of me at the ramp a few years ago, and proceeded to launch his boat, handing his wife standing on the dock the line, while forgetting to tie the line to the boat. I just stood there with everybody else watching the boat float down-river.

One thing I have noticed is that in general the only people who won't help you do anything is guys in fishing boats. I'm not talking CC's; I'm talking little 16' fishing boats. They all seem to think that the lake belongs to them...
Old 06-13-2007, 04:17 PM
'05 Concept SF23
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yes, I will stop and help any time. Others have done the same for me.
Old 06-13-2007, 04:22 PM
Registered

I agree helping people = good Karma. Last year during a poker run one of my customers got ejected from his boat we pulled up a few minutes later tpwed his skater back top the dock and rushed him and his son to the dock for medical attention. Once he was out of the hospital he called and thanked me. I told him any time,not only are you a good customer/ friend but you were a fellow boater in need.
Old 06-13-2007, 05:29 PM
NO WAKE ENFORCER
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by cbeastwood
Always - what goes around comes around. The only person I didn't help was the guy who cut in front of me at the ramp a few years ago, and proceeded to launch his boat, handing his wife standing on the dock the line, while forgetting to tie the line to the boat. I just stood there with everybody else watching the boat float down-river.

One thing I have noticed is that in general the only people who won't help you do anything is guys in fishing boats. I'm not talking CC's; I'm talking little 16' fishing boats. They all seem to think that the lake belongs to them...

Agree

everyone in a sparkly fishing boat thinks the lake belongs to them and they don't have to follow the rules. At the lake I'm always at they think the no wake zone is a suggestion fuks
Old 06-13-2007, 05:40 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I always simply thought this was just a rule of the water.
No matter what kind of boat you're required to help. Maybe not legally (but maybe).
I think it's Maritime law.
At least that's the way I've always looked at it.
Old 06-13-2007, 05:48 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I towed a friend in recently who had blown his mota , I told him "I feel your pain brother, I've been on both ends of this rope". Thanks to the guys that pulled me when I was on the other end ...........yea, we have to help each other out .
Steve

Quick Reply: Do you help other boaters?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.