Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Do you help other boaters? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/160738-do-you-help-other-boaters.html)

Killer_TA 06-13-2007 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by deanpp (Post 2161665)
We Always help someone who needs it. The Boating community is made up of the Finest peolpe. They are always helping and waving to each other. I think thats why we enjoy it so much.

Im allways willing to help a fellow boater in need. Boaters are some of the best people around. My girlfriend who was new to boating last year could not belive all the fellow boaters who waved back to me on the CT river. I had to explain to her about boaters.:drink:

prosno 06-13-2007 09:26 PM

Boaters are a rare breed, I also notice on the CT river everybody waves and I wave back. I think boaters are just the best of the best when it comes to being good honest down to earth people. Again Great site here guys, hope to see you on the river this year.

Close Call 06-13-2007 09:58 PM

I agree with Buoy Boy (check your spelling, unless it is meant to be that way...). I have always thought it was the rule of the water. I have been "assisted" twice when I foolishly believed my gas gauge. Didn't have to wait for very long, either. I have stopped to tow a fellow jet skier when I was on my ski. The water is one of the few remaining nice public areas.... people are generally in good moods and willing to give their time.

BOBCATMATHEWS 06-14-2007 08:51 AM

there was an article on this subject in the june issue of boating life (it was the only mag for power boats in the hartford ct. airport) at sea it is clear cut,you have to help if you can do it safely,inland it is up to each state, but i always help if i can

Griff 06-14-2007 01:54 PM

I always offer to help.

I've been towed in by 17' Bayliner. I was about a mile from my marina and ran out of gas in a new boat. Some PWC guys were on a sandbar and saw me. They had some gas and gave me few gallons to get into the marina.

I've towed in a couple people as well and helped a few get there boats running.

resurrected 06-14-2007 03:23 PM

I towed a plane once that had engine failure, and had to emergency land on the lake at our cottage. Towed about 4 miles, took an hour or so. She was hot, :evilb: she built the plane herself and this was one of it's first flights. Did I mention that she was hot, she said thanks, and I was hoping for an offer to go for a ride, when she got the bugs worked out. No such luck:(

bouyhunter 06-14-2007 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Close Call (Post 2162368)
I agree with Buoy Boy (check your spelling, unless it is meant to be that way...).

I'm a semi-dislexic pollock.
Welcome to the circus.

OL40SVX 06-14-2007 07:00 PM

I always help people dock/tie up and what not so they dont hurt their boats and just being a good boater independant of what type of boat it is. It always good to be helpfull.

nocigarette 06-14-2007 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by bouyhunter (Post 2163680)
I'm a semi-dislexic pollock.
Welcome to the circus.

funney sheet.............

I always try to help, sometimes my wife tells me i help to much.............

Plus when ya bring a boat with dry exhaust on plane the guy you helped wont give ya the finger..............

Edward R. Cozzi 06-14-2007 07:30 PM

As an old fart I've been helping people in boats and cars for many years. I can't imagine NOT stopping to help if I see a bad situation and I've gotten it back from other people when I needed it.