what boat should I consider? >

what boat should I consider?

Notices

what boat should I consider?

Old 06-14-2007, 05:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Frequency
My first boat was a 27' Cobalt, so when we moved up I was looking for quality as well. The 26' Formula would be a good choice. It's a sharp boat and Formula's are well built. I've been in a number of them. I checked out a 26' this weekend and I would be proud to own one.

I'm on my second Envision and you may want to give them a look. They make a 26' bowrider. There's several for sale on boattraderonline.com. You will get a rock solid boat build by a company that cares, with zero turnover in staff (consistancy), and a hull that can take rough water.
check out the bajas mines a 88 with 650 hp still runs had it for 18yrs now and kicked alot of azz with it.
Old 06-14-2007, 09:46 AM
Registered

YES check out Baja they are a kick azz boat and are more staple than any names mentioned so far.Why do you guys think they out sell all the names so far i am guessing there is a reason. Its cuz they kick ass.
Old 06-14-2007, 10:13 AM
Registered

what dealership should i contact in Dallas for Formulas?
Old 06-14-2007, 10:26 AM
Registered

Can't beat the quality of Formula for the money. But I would take a hard look at the Donzi too. Good luck and please share what you learn. I'm going to buy something that size or smaller as a stop - gap prior to a Cig. or Apache.
Old 06-14-2007, 10:52 AM

The 288 sunny is an awesome boat. WEll made, ride and run great. I have been on a few and have been impressed. Different boat than a formula though. Formula and envision are more of a luxury/high performance boat where as the sunny's seem t be more high performance first luxury second. I don't think you can go wrong with any of them though, just depends on what your looking for.
Old 06-14-2007, 12:15 PM
NoQuarter

Advantage also makes an open bow. I personally don't care for the lines of the advantage, but I think they are a good bit cheaper than Forumla and Sunsation.

Old 06-14-2007, 12:28 PM
Registered

Received 271 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by uthustler
what dealership should i contact in Dallas for Formulas?
Legend Marine formerly fountain of north texas. They advertise here on OSO and Casey is a good guy.

http://www.legendmari*****up.com/

As for baja - they outsell because they are cheap boats.
Old 06-14-2007, 12:40 PM
Registered

I have a 2002 Formula 280 Bowrider with twin 350s for sale and a 2006 Formula 280 Bowrider with twin 350s.
Old 06-14-2007, 12:54 PM
Registered

Why don't you just step up to a bigger Cobalt? My dad just bought a nice Cobalt 262 for under 40K. It's a sweet rig.

Originally Posted by uthustler
i could stretch to $60k for the right boat.

Is Donzi and Formula close in quality? I want a high quality boat.
Attached Thumbnails what boat should I consider?-262cobalt.jpg  
Old 06-14-2007, 01:00 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Remember one thing, all boats are junk, yes ALL boats, some just cost more than others. That being said, I would consider Baja, great boat for the money. I have spent much much more on boats and have found I had just as much fun with my less expensive Baja's. But most importantly remember, ALL boats are junk.

Quick Reply: what boat should I consider?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.