Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   What is it about poker runs? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/160857-what-about-poker-runs.html)

t500hps 06-14-2007 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by waterheater (Post 2163371)
Russ, must be some party if you drink like you did when Neil and i came down to look at the Tiger.....:rolleyes::eek::drink:

All the time....I pound those drinks like there water!!! :eek: :D

offshoredrillin 06-14-2007 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by WARPARTY36 (Post 2163019)
This is a subject we need to kick back and discuss over a couple of cold ones:drink: It's all about being around the like minded people. Yes, you find the occasional douchebag, but that is rare.

It's about(and it pisses me off while they are doing it) people damn near stopping next to you on the interstate just to get a picture of your rig.

It's about people asking the dumbest questions that you've ever heard at gas stations. Last week I had MC's 44MTI Hammertime and this guy walks up and says "God that's got to be a 24 footer" or "that thing must of cost $50,000".

It's about running through the mangroves on the way to Key West like you are in a dream.

It's about walking down Duvall in Key West and from 2 blocks away someone screams "OU Want Some?!!" and you reply "OU Know it!!!"

It's about having dinner and drinks with Randy Scism, Mike Fiore, Skip Braver, or Trond.

It's about seeing and running with the finest hardware imaginable.

It's about getting the E-Dock crew together with the SBRT crew(when their junk runs long enough to show up:evilb: :drink: ) and talking smack over a few cocktails and having the time of our lives.

But most of all, it's about the people. We have met some of the best people in the country(from Canada to south Florida to California and everywhere in between) and consider them friends.

Exactly, it's all about fun and wet undies:evilb:

stecz20 06-14-2007 07:29 PM

pouring fruity drinks down my buddys pants will only make the party better.... oh you have it coming to you punk, this year we own you.....

Cash Bar 06-14-2007 11:23 PM

Poker Runs are like posting or lurking here. It makes you realize that almost all of the people that share our love for the sport are great, fun-loving adults. There are always a few bad apples......not mentioning any names(but it starts with M and rhymes with asher) :drink:

I have run at the front, and I have run in the middle. I have finished at the BACK because someone forgot to get gas.....:rolleyes:

I have never gone to an event and not come back thoroughly exhausted from the fun I have had. Sunburns, belly-aches from laughing, and rope burns from friends that can't dock straight all make for a great time.

Go to one sometime. You have access to some of the greatest people I know right there in Tulsa or on Grand Lake(except for that WarParty punk). :drink:

DollaBill 06-15-2007 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by Cash Bar (Post 2163962)
Poker Runs are like posting or lurking here. It makes you realize that almost all of the people that share our love for the sport are great, fun-loving adults. There are always a few bad apples......not mentioning any names(but it starts with M and rhymes with asher) :drink:

I have run at the front, and I have run in the middle. I have finished at the BACK because someone forgot to get gas.....:rolleyes:

I have never gone to an event and not come back thoroughly exhausted from the fun I have had. Sunburns, belly-aches from laughing, and rope burns from friends that can't dock straight all make for a great time.

Go to one sometime. You have access to some of the greatest people I know right there in Tulsa or on Grand Lake(except for that WarParty punk). :drink:

Hey, they just put me behind the wheel and say drive! Can't someone else check the fuel level? :)

Cash Bar 06-15-2007 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by F-N-iGuy.com (Post 2164209)
Can't someone else check the fuel level? :)

Yes, and THAT person said we needed fuel.....:rolleyes: :drink:

jryan26 06-15-2007 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by waterboy222 (Post 2163406)

Ill definately be signed up for the next poker run that I can get involved with..

There is one this weekend at Eufala. Usually a pretty good turn out. Nothing like Grand but I had a friend win $10,000 a couple years ago. Might be a good one to see how you like them.

waterboy222 06-15-2007 04:53 PM

i thought eufala was flooded reallly bad?? Im keepin the rig on the trailer this weekend.. theres telephone poles and **** floatin around on Grand right now...

NKissau 06-15-2007 05:35 PM

MsPatriYacht...Is that picture of you guys on the St.Clair River? Looks like a familiar spot. What PR goes down the river? I spend my weekends on Gull Island/sandbars in the area. You guys going to be out this weekend?

eyezlee 06-15-2007 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by WARPARTY36 (Post 2163019)
This is a subject we need to kick back and discuss over a couple of cold ones:drink: It's all about being around the like minded people. Yes, you find the occasional douchebag, but that is rare.

It's about(and it pisses me off while they are doing it) people damn near stopping next to you on the interstate just to get a picture of your rig.

It's about people asking the dumbest questions that you've ever heard at gas stations. Last week I had MC's 44MTI Hammertime and this guy walks up and says "God that's got to be a 24 footer" or "that thing must of cost $50,000".

It's about running through the mangroves on the way to Key West like you are in a dream.

It's about walking down Duvall in Key West and from 2 blocks away someone screams "OU Want Some?!!" and you reply "OU Know it!!!"

It's about having dinner and drinks with Randy Scism, Mike Fiore, Skip Braver, or Trond.

It's about seeing and running with the finest hardware imaginable.

It's about getting the E-Dock crew together with the SBRT crew(when their junk runs long enough to show up:evilb: :drink: ) and talking smack over a few cocktails and having the time of our lives.

But most of all, it's about the people. We have met some of the best people in the country(from Canada to south Florida to California and everywhere in between) and consider them friends.

That pretty much sums up Key West 05. My trip with the GLOC crew made lifetime memories.:drink: :D