Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   For the Baja bashers (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/160895-baja-bashers.html)

StillHaulin@63 06-14-2007 01:43 PM

Gents ..... life is fueled by $$$

It seems that the only folks who regularly criticize Baja's are the folks who don't own them.
I guess that I missed all the posts from thousands of frustrated Baja owners ready to abandon ship.

Take a moment and visit TBM ...
there's about 3000 Baja owners just wishin' they could buy a "real" performance boat someday!

TexomaPowerboater 06-14-2007 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by kennyo (Post 2163196)
So what are you trying to say..........

I'm trying to say that anything that Hot boat says about any boat should be taken with a grain of salt.

Stormrider 06-14-2007 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by HighPriority (Post 2162955)
Baja is a OK boat. We raced one for 3 years. I just wish they would support racing. Because that is the main reason we changed to Joker Powerboats.

or because a joker would kick @ss in the rough? :evilb:
I like the baja's and seem to be alot of boat for the $. Just to common for me.

tanned fat looks better 06-14-2007 03:15 PM

I've gotta 320 and a 270, love them both

thisistank 06-14-2007 05:04 PM

It's like this....Most people either love or hate Baja...Kind've like Ford and Chevy owners. You like one and hate the other. It's like Bill said, people that hate Baja most likely have never owned one. 99% of the people that have or had a Baja agree they are a great boat.

You can go buy a Baja for usually half the price of a comparable boat, show up to the poker run or local lake and have just as much fun as the guy in the 800k+ Outerlimits/Cigarette/Skater/ etc. And deep down in places people dont want to talk about that pisses the sh!t out of the guy that just paid all this money for a boat and has to tie up next to the guy with a Baja. People like to justify spending all that money by bashing Baja to make themselves feel better about buying a more expensive boat.

I don't really understand any other reason for someone to bash a boat they've never owned. People bash Fountain too but I think thats because Reggie is a complete TOOL....but that is a different story. :evilb:

That's just my .02 on it. Agree or disagree that's how I see it.:drink:

JaayTeee 06-14-2007 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 2163310)
The biggest thing I have seen in talking to people is the variance in how the Baja dealers take care of their customers.

Oh how true.

Good thing I got a good one:D

bouyhunter 06-14-2007 05:45 PM

I've owned a Baja. It was older, and before they went to the "euro-style" or whatever you want to call it. I really liked the boat at the time. It was my entry in to "performance boating". But then I statred seeing things in the same size range that were much cooler. Pantera, Saber come to mind.
I beat the crap out of that Baja - I was using it as an offshore should be used. And I saw other guys using their (insert brand) the same way, and there's held up alot better than mine.
Mine was used, and maybe it was just abused before I got into it.
At this point I want to get into something a little more unique.
I don't want to have an identical boat to 6 others on the same lake.

StillHaulin@63 06-14-2007 05:53 PM

Seems like there's some "identity" issues on this forum!

bouyhunter 06-14-2007 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by StillHaulin@61 (Post 2163637)
Seems like there's some "identity" issues on this forum!

If that is in refernce to me - please explain.

sleeper_dave 06-14-2007 06:07 PM

Everything is a good boat for the price, if the price is right. We almost universally knock Bayliners, but they're a good boat for the price.

Back in the early 90's, I saw a lot more new Baja's than new Fountains.

Seems nowadays, I see a lot more early 90's Fountains than I do Baja's. The last 15 year old Baja I tied up to looked like a 15 year old boat (right down to the huge stress cracks in the sides). The guy asked me how old my 1991 Fountain was by saying "How old is that boat, 2-3 years old?"

I must agree, though, that he was having as much fun as I was, and I had all the same problems with my Mercruiser motor that he did with his.