Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Am i pricing myself out of the market? >

Am i pricing myself out of the market?

Notices

Am i pricing myself out of the market?

Old 06-14-2007, 09:02 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dont waste your money if I can be so blunt. Sunsation does not have a "NAME" behind them yet, they are more of a lake and river boat. If you really love the boat and plan on keeping it for many years and have no use for a rub rail, do it!!! But I think that most boaters will want a rub and the boat will decrease in value, if you cap the boat. I could be wrong but I know what I like and most everyone around me.
Old 06-14-2007, 09:06 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by waterboy222
No, its taking the rubrail off and bonding the hull to the deck.. look at the Adrenaline V30.. no rubrail, just a solid one-piece boat.. you lose the protection from the docks but I trailer mine so its not so much an issue and it makes the boat look at LOT sleeker..
Agree with what excursion said. Dont wast your money "capping" the boat. It's not even worth it. Do what T500hp said. Buy a newer updated boat and live with a rub rail unless you want to buy my Gladiator. You'll never get any of the money back you out into it.
Old 06-14-2007, 09:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't think I agree with the sunsations being a "lake or river boat", but I do agree the don't have the name to make them worth what an old cig, apache etc. that is updated would be worth. I wouldn't spend to much unless your going to keep it. If it was an apache or cig you could probably come out ok on resale.
Old 06-14-2007, 09:40 PM
Registered

Received 271 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by excursion
Dont waste your money if I can be so blunt. Sunsation does not have a "NAME" behind them yet, they are more of a lake and river boat. If you really love the boat and plan on keeping it for many years and have no use for a rub rail, do it!!! But I think that most boaters will want a rub and the boat will decrease in value, if you cap the boat. I could be wrong but I know what I like and most everyone around me.
I agree.

Put that into a Cigarette and you could probobly get your money back or close to it.
Old 06-14-2007, 09:47 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree with t500hps; you will likely get a modest premium with the adds you are contemplating. For myself, I'd really have to LOVE the boat of that vintage to put that type of money into it. It will take a very specific buyer to appreciate the capping (which like cuda, I wasn't sure what it meant). Good luck and have fun. - Jeff
Old 06-14-2007, 10:30 PM
Steve_H

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
I agree.

Put that into a Cigarette and you could probobly get your money back or close to it.
yep. ive been watching the market for many years. imo there are only a handful of brands you can put a lot of money in and have a chance to get it back.

Old 06-14-2007, 11:01 PM
Registered

make the boat like you want it, but don't ever expect to any of the update dollars back out, When sale time does come if you get a portion back, cool, if not you won't feel bad. The power upgrade nearly always helps your value but leave some room for the next owner to add their personal touches. This gives them a reason to buy your boat at sale time. Enjoy the ride.
Old 06-14-2007, 11:11 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by satisfactionII
make the boat like you want it, but don't ever expect to any of the update dollars back out, When sale time does come if you get a portion back, cool, if not you won't feel bad. The power upgrade nearly always helps your value but leave some room for the next owner to add their personal touches. This gives them a reason to buy your boat at sale time. Enjoy the ride.
Yeah I agree. While most buyers won't want to buy a "project" most boaters go right out and spend some money on the boat to upgrade something. At least if you upgrade the power and the drives using a reputable builder, you have that going for you.

I say keep it clean. Spend money on the small stuff that keeps it looking like a million. Looks are always important.

On the engines, I say make them sound good and run like hell even if it isn't the fastest on the lake, it will get attention and attention on the Sea Trial will net you a buyer.
Old 06-15-2007, 02:20 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

500s? you want to hit 60?
Old 06-15-2007, 03:44 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,783 Likes on 884 Posts

You will be luck to get back 20% of the money you invest on resale. What you will have is a very nice boat that is worth way more to you than anyone else.

Its like owning a 500k house in a 250k neighborhood.

Also,your boat was for sale for a long time as it was.

Quick Reply: Am i pricing myself out of the market?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.