If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Charter Member # 55 Charter Member Griff's Avatar
    My Boats:
    ..........32........... Active Thunder
    Quote Originally Posted by waterboy222 View Post
    well, the whole deal was to buy a cheaper boat and pay it off in a couple of years and then refinance it to purchase motors and upgrades..that make sense? Ill probably just do some minor stuff to it to make it what i want and then just buy something after i pay it off (or down) and sell it to the next budget buyer..

If you can afford to pay of 35k in a couple years, you shoulda bought more boat to start with that you wouldn't have to spend more on later. IMO.

VIP Member VIP Member
    Save your money for your next boat and get what you want next time. Any of these restorations are just labors of love. When anyone sells a car or boat or anything that has been done over they might say they made money, but when you add up money and time they lost their shirt. Just my 2 cents.

My Boats:
    24 Skater, 292 SR-1 Formula, 382 Fastech, 41 PC
    Grand Lake (E-Dock Junior Varsity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation View Post
    One more:
    Big money into it, 59K asking price.
    damn thats a nice boat..i just wouldnt be able to get financed for $60k on a late 80's boat.. which comes full circle with the discussion of being able to sell a boat with a lot of money into it and being an older boat..

Are we having fun, yet? Charter Member Gizmo's Avatar
    My Boats:
    95' 32' Sunsation, 500hps
    Chesterfield, Va.
    I recently did a repower for a guy that has an 86 Wellcraft Nova. He had the entire cabin updated, the cockpit redone, 12 - 15K in the paint and glass work and a new Myco trailer built for it. I dare say, he has 30-35k in the resto and what does he have? An 86' Wellcraft nova that he dearly loves and is probably worth 20k, tops.
    I questioned why, before I agreed to do my part. His reply was, he plans on keeping the boat for a long time.

IMO - If the boat looks rough, Paint it and do some cosmetics. It won't look as dated. Then enjoy it.
    BTW - i have a 95 32 dominator. Graphics are dated, but I still get comments on how clean it is for it's age. .02 worth

My Boats:
    Boatless :(
    Midlothian, VA
    Quote Originally Posted by excursion
    Have only riden in a 32 and it was a very nice ride.
    That was my 32 and I appreciate the compliment. Can't wait to see how she runs when we are Jammin' On The James!!!!!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234