Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Manufactor You Trust ? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/161158-manufactor-you-trust.html)

docmanrich37 06-17-2007 08:55 PM

Manufactor You Trust ?

I was talking to a friend this weekend that just sold he's 40+ cruiser and wants a performance boat.
He said who should I look at and I said welllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll I would drive a half dozen boats and talk to all the dealers and whoever you feel comfortable with go with them.In my boat service and warrenties are all the same.Are not worth the paper their wrote on.He's really confused now.Just mt 2 cents and you'll got it for free.:D

jryan26 06-17-2007 09:06 PM

I've never heard anything negative about OL's service.

Hot Duck 06-17-2007 09:20 PM

Any Cigarette from Lip-Ship. Cigarette itself may or may not have good customer service (I have heard both lately), but the service from Lip-Ship is as good as it gets!

Craney 06-17-2007 09:36 PM

I always heard good things about Sunation.

the duke 06-17-2007 11:48 PM

If he buys a major name, he is probably going to have a high quality boat. What he needs to do besides water tests etc, is to find a good DEALER. A great boat from a lousy dealer is far worse than a lousy boat from a great dealer. Check their service department. Check their name on OSO. Because you WILL need service on the boat. Don't believe the saleman when he tells you how great they are. Neutral 3rd parties are the only ones that matter.

Jassman 06-18-2007 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by the duke (Post 2166474)
If he buys a major name, he is probably going to have a high quality boat. What he needs to do besides water tests etc, is to find a good DEALER. A great boat from a lousy dealer is far worse than a lousy boat from a great dealer. Check their service department. Check their name on OSO. Because you WILL need service on the boat. Don't believe the saleman when he tells you how great they are. Neutral 3rd parties are the only ones that matter.

Great post....Im on my 3rd Nortech. Good Co. As custom as you want, at a fair value. Jeff

docmanrich37 06-18-2007 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by Jassman (Post 2166547)
Great post....Im on my 3rd Nortech. Good Co. As custom as you want, at a fair value. Jeff

Yea but how would you know,you havn't keep the boat long enough to change the oil in it yet.lol I think ups will finally let me ship the gas dock to ya now.They said it still smelled like gas and refuse to ship it until i got every last drop out.Going out today Jass.

DoTheMath 06-18-2007 09:43 AM

I'd agree - it is as much the dealer as it is the boat mfg., (maybe even a bit more-so)? I may be a bit biased but... I'd look at the new 43' Sunsation - amazing boat, 100+ on a pair of 700's, priced right and you will NOT find a better company in the industry. Joe and Wayne are the benchmark for manufacturers, and I am speaking from first-hand experience. Not to slight some of the obvious, Mike (OL), Phil (Lip-Ship) and Pat (AT) are all at the very top of their game and the industry as well. All different kinds of boats, none of them are inexpensive but you really do get what you pay for - the best of the breed! If I was shopping today and had the coin, I'd talk to all four, see which one fits (his) particular taste and style of boating and place an order accordingly. - :cool:

Clay Washington 06-18-2007 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by Hot Duck (Post 2166316)
Any Cigarette from Lip-Ship. Cigarette itself may or may not have good customer service (I have heard both lately), but the service from Lip-Ship is as good as it gets!

I agree 100%! :D

Anarchy Powerboats 06-18-2007 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Clay Washington (Post 2166807)
I agree 100%! :D

What do you know, they made your boat 6 owners ago:D