Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Wicked Damage Photos (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/161339-wicked-damage-photos.html)

DiamondPerformance 06-19-2007 07:03 PM

Thanks Shark for the explanation and great photo's.

38flatdeck 06-19-2007 07:59 PM

that boat had bad luck in key west about three years ago

Panther 06-19-2007 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by 38scarab (Post 2169288)
that boat had bad luck in key west about three years ago

didn't they beach the boat in Destin as well when the escape hatch blew off?? :eek:

that really sucks....been there before....:( Dee's arms got a work out that day...:chick:

fubar260 06-19-2007 09:16 PM

d@mn. thats never a pretty sight. glad everyones alright.

Strip Poker 388 06-20-2007 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by sharkeymarine (Post 2169174)
Sea Tow refused to hook up with the bags inside for many different reasons . They stopped answering the phone after awhile...:rolleyes:

The owner "JEM" put everything in motion to get her off the beach. Set up the cranes and the front loader to bring his boat as close to the street as possible.

Once AMF was notified at the awards ceremony that progress wasn't being made, they swung into action with pulling their airbags from the turbine boats and intended to float it out and drag her back to the marina on their own. I won't soon forget how Marc Grannet stated, "Let's go get our boys off the beach!!!" as if he were set out on a mission. Suddenly things got put into a hold pattern, but Marc & the AMF Crew prepared anyway and brought the airbags over to the beach. Bill Purnell "Team Wanted" got involved whom which has quite a bit of influence within Ocean City. It wasn't long after a few phone calls that forward motion was being made and the boat laid to rest on it's trailer by around 10:30 PM with a standing ovation from the crowd and fans that watched over the entire process...

Thats what team work and comradery can do,

I guess it might be better than the salt water in all the eletrical system,gages,wires,motors etc?

Thanks Sharky for the picks an explain<,,

GARBAGEMAN 06-20-2007 01:05 AM

Hats off to Jay Muller For the way he handled the whole situation. It's real easy to get bent out of shape when things don't go well . especialy when you know your gonna have to pay a BIG fat bill to somebody also knowing there is no insurance. As far as Marc and the AMF crew they are just flatout good dudes. Billy WANTED as well.:cool: :cool:

powerabout 06-20-2007 05:22 AM

I love they way the beachgoers ignored it...must happen all the time?

SHARKEY-IMAGES 06-20-2007 09:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by powerabout (Post 2169643)
I love they way the beachgoers ignored it...must happen all the time?

You noticed that too huh? :D

ENFORCER24 06-20-2007 10:57 AM

i'v never raced before , but i have to imagine that was quick thinking to head for the beach as soon as it starts listing to the side , gotta imaging it would been 100 times worse if you had stopped 100 yards offshore with the sponson lookin like that

Ted G 06-20-2007 11:10 AM

When Stan started getting splashed with water every time a wave hit, they considered that a clue :D