Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   My experience with Derebery Performance... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/161353-my-experience-derebery-performance.html)

apache21 06-19-2007 07:36 PM

I have heard nothing but good things about Leon and the crew. I truly believe there are two sides to each story.

CcanDo 06-19-2007 07:51 PM

I don't know, but if I had an issue that Leon couldn't resolve, then I would talk with Art.

TxHawk 06-19-2007 08:32 PM

Cliff, I believe you and I already spoke (when you threatened me in a Dallas bar) in order to resolve your issues and you never showed like you said you would. It has been 6 months since then. Your issues took place nearly 1 year ago. You have never even called us. You drive past the shop to get to your dads dock, I told you I was there to fix it...remember?:eureka:

There were 2 ways to fix the engine that you openly knew nothing about when you bought it... we were not interested in patching up a supercharged engine!

I will not discuss the details here. You can come see us.

Mac 06-19-2007 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by apache21 (Post 2169260)
I have heard nothing but good things about Leon and the crew. I truly believe there are two sides to each story.

DITTO! Leon has done my work for years, I am talking 20 years, engines, drives, every kind of maintence needed, and I tow 4hrs to get there!!!

mavrick10 06-19-2007 11:26 PM

Leon and his crew have been nothing but good for me. Been doing my work for 5 years now. Alwas willing to help and have gone out of their way many times.

Big Cliff 06-20-2007 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by ExcaliburHawk40 (Post 2169338)
Cliff, I believe you and I already spoke (when you threatened me in a Dallas bar) in order to resolve your issues and you never showed like you said you would. It has been 6 months since then. Your issues took place nearly 1 year ago. You have never even called us. You drive past the shop to get to your dads dock, I told you I was there to fix it...remember?:eureka:

There were 2 ways to fix the engine that you openly knew nothing about when you bought it... we were not interested in patching up a supercharged engine!

I will not discuss the details here. You can come see us.

Fixing a head stud that was pulled out of an aluminum head is patching up a supercharded engine? If no metal or shavings had intered the block how is that a patch. The shortblock was great. That does still not explain the no phone calls, the torn cover, not getting all my parts when I picked up the boat, and the bidge being cracked.

I don't care to come by the shop to resolve anything. I learned my lesson dealing with you guys and payed to rebuild the motor with someone I trusted.

I have not driven by your place once since the incident last summer. My place is on Lake Travis.

Big Cliff 06-20-2007 08:40 AM

Also I am glad some people have had good dealings with them. I only posted MY dealings.

If the Derebery crew has a different side to the story they can post it. I have all the documents from my machine shop stating the shortblock, rings, pistons, bearing, and cam were in "new" condition.

A CALL BEFORE A FULL TEARDOWN WOULD OF BEEN THE CORRECT THING TO DO.

P Offshore 06-20-2007 08:43 AM

Big Cliff
Registered

Looks like a guy on a mission to me...:rolleyes:

Big Cliff 06-20-2007 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by P Offshore (Post 2169838)
Big Cliff
Registered

Looks like a guy on a mission to me...:rolleyes:

No, just came over to the site from hotboat.com. Was the guy who posted the shady work from another shop yesterday on a mission? My only mission was to tell my side of the story.

Did you notice the Derebery guy posted "he believed me".

OkieTunnel 06-20-2007 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by Big Cliff (Post 2169842)
Did you notice the Derebery guy posted "he believed me".

He was trying to take the high road. They have always jumped through hoops to get my boat back on the water fast.