Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Been Towed??? How far was it?? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/161381-been-towed-how-far.html)

Chris288 06-20-2007 02:58 PM

My wife got towed by sea-tow, they charged her 100.00 per hour from the time they left their dock, 15 miles, 6 hours and 700.00 later... she was back in her slip.. They towed her 21 foot formula at about 3 mph..... :rolleyes:

NickOTeen 06-20-2007 05:12 PM

Did that happen up in Horse Creek? That is $h!tty. The GRDA doesn't give sobriety tests that often you must have been to the bottom of that 12 pack. :drink:

Originally Posted by satisfactionII (Post 2169821)
6 years ago the engine died at the north end of the lake about 3 in the afternoon. I couldn't figure it out and the cell phone wouldn't get a signal. I tried to flag down everyone that passed by and no one stopped to help. :( I had a cold 12-pack and commenced to drink and drift towards shore. It was after dark when the lake patrol showed up around 9:pm and gave me a tow of about 3/4 a mile to a really crappy marina, Southwinds. When we got there the owner of the marina said I had to put fuel in the boat since I didn't slip there, he charged me a $50 service charge while his illegal mexican pumped the fuel. When he was done the lake patrol then had me do a sobriety test on a wet and steep boat ramp, called me a Public intox case and took me to jail. The next day when I got back the marina owner wanted another $50 for letting keep my boat there over night. Paid the clown and found out that a fuse had blown in the ignition circuit. Never ever went back to that part of the lake.

bouyhunter 06-20-2007 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by satisfactionII (Post 2169821)
6 years ago the engine died at the north end of the lake about 3 in the afternoon. I couldn't figure it out and the cell phone wouldn't get a signal. I tried to flag down everyone that passed by and no one stopped to help. :( I had a cold 12-pack and commenced to drink and drift towards shore. It was after dark when the lake patrol showed up around 9:pm and gave me a tow of about 3/4 a mile to a really crappy marina, Southwinds. When we got there the owner of the marina said I had to put fuel in the boat since I didn't slip there, he charged me a $50 service charge while his illegal mexican pumped the fuel. When he was done the lake patrol then had me do a sobriety test on a wet and steep boat ramp, called me a Public intox case and took me to jail. The next day when I got back the marina owner wanted another $50 for letting keep my boat there over night. Paid the clown and found out that a fuse had blown in the ignition circuit. Never ever went back to that part of the lake.

Damn - what a hose down!!
Sounds like something that would happen to me.

I've never been towed, but ran outta gas.
I had just started dating someone (she's now my wife:D ) and we wanted to go down the river to a restaurant. I knew that fuel was low. Gas dock (1) between the Marina and restaurant had already closed for the evening (weeknight). Figured I could make it, but knew I was pushing it further than I cared too.
Ran out on the way back. Maybe 2 miles from the Marina.
Tossed the anchor, and called a buddy to bring me a can of gas.
Took an hour and a half.
We made good use of the time on the back bench - she was getting dressed under a blanket as he was pulling up with a big ole grin on his face.:D

Wobble 06-20-2007 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by bouyhunter (Post 2170626)
Tossed the anchor, and called a buddy to bring me a can of gas.
Took an hour and a half.
We made good use of the time on the back bench - she was getting dressed under a blanket as he was pulling up with a big ole grin on his face.:D

What did you do for the other 80 minutes:drink:

US1 Fountain 06-20-2007 07:35 PM

Got towed by US Tow Boats a few yrs ago on Erie after loosing a lower for exactly 2 miles for a mere $1800.

bouyhunter 06-20-2007 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by Wobble (Post 2170777)
What did you do for the other 80 minutes:drink:

Tried to get it up again.:D

chuck21401 06-21-2007 05:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The engine in my old Formula 242LS hydrolocked a couple miles from port. Tow Boat/US pulled me home for $250. Glad I had the towing insurance.

satisfactionII 06-21-2007 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by NickOTeen (Post 2170619)
Did that happen up in Horse Creek? That is $h!tty. The GRDA doesn't give sobriety tests that often you must have been to the bottom of that 12 pack. :drink:

Exactly. Horse Creek, Southwinds, and Jason Littlefield SUCK. There were two Lake Patrolmen. And older guy and ***** Jason Littlefield. I remember that Littlefield talked the older guy into letting him give me the sobriety test. I was no danger to myself or anyone else that night. A boat that wouldn't run, no access to any vehicle. I learned then that I will never call on the Lake Patrol for help unless there is someone dying in my boat, and I haven't been back to Horse Creek since. Oh yeah, the 12-pack was empty and it was Missouri beer. :drink:

Wobble 06-21-2007 08:39 AM

Boatus membership offers unlimited towing for 120 a year. When I hear the cost of getting towed a few miles it makes for cheap insurance, though I have yet to use it.

NickOTeen 06-21-2007 08:57 AM

I've had my own problems with him. I'm not sure how that BAJA manages to stay on plane carrying his ego around.

Originally Posted by satisfactionII (Post 2171331)
Exactly. Horse Creek, Southwinds, and Jason Littlefield SUCK. There were two Lake Patrolmen. And older guy and ***** Jason Littlefield. I remember that Littlefield talked the older guy into letting him give me the sobriety test. I was no danger to myself or anyone else that night. A boat that wouldn't run, no access to any vehicle. I learned then that I will never call on the Lake Patrol for help unless there is someone dying in my boat, and I haven't been back to Horse Creek since. Oh yeah, the 12-pack was empty and it was Missouri beer. :drink: