Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Launch ramp in Holland, Michigan (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/161404-launch-ramp-holland-michigan.html)

SHAWNA 06-21-2007 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by BL6 (Post 2171692)
So is there overnight parking at Dutton ramp?

I don't think parking there overnight would be a problem, but the local hoods might mess with your stuff. I wouldn't leave anything there overnight.

tamburello 06-21-2007 12:47 PM

Mike -

That's a pretty accurate description of MBYC. The kids in the sailing classes always gather round when I light 'em up and the stuffed shirts sipping on Mt. Gay give a disaproving glance. That'd be great to see what the reaction to your fountain would be. Who do you know at MBYC? I've seen them launch 30 foot sailboats on trailers there and they have to back down pretty far to float 'em so there might be enough ramp length.

Shawn -

I'm the lone go-fast boater at the yacht club and my boat isn't really that fast. I think that the launch fee for people that don't keep their boat there is $25. It seems like everytime I see you out on the water I'm on the land, maybe we'll meet up one of these days.

- Jeff

sommerfliesby 06-21-2007 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by tamburello (Post 2171794)
Mike -

That's a pretty accurate description of MBYC. The kids in the sailing classes always gather round when I light 'em up and the stuffed shirts sipping on Mt. Gay give a disaproving glance. That'd be great to see what the reaction to your fountain would be. Who do you know at MBYC? I've seen them launch 30 foot sailboats on trailers there and they have to back down pretty far to float 'em so there might be enough ramp length.

- Jeff

Jeff,
Cory Koch (pronounced "Cook") and his wife Kelly are really good friends...we're going to visit them this weekend actually. His dad Dale has a 31 foot Cal named "Integrity" at Eldeans. We'll probably be hanging around there Sat night when we get back and park the boat somewhere. If you see the red boat, stop in and say hey.

Mike

tamburello 06-21-2007 05:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'll keep an eye out for you. This is what my little ride looks like. Have a good weekend!

- Jeff

randy carlson 06-22-2007 11:02 AM

I believe you can pay to park overnight at DNR 10$ a night will have to park accross street in their parking lot, can get pass at launch office, Dutton free been going there 4 years have left parked for up to 10 days never had any problems. both have bit short docks.
If you use Dutton keep drives up and dont go left facing water at all, other than that works good head straight for the big green bouy then turn right- be careful there is a little marked slow no wake from just past the first launch you see on your left passed the marina on your left all the little guys will be going fast thru there. Enjoy the area

Rambunctious 06-28-2007 08:06 AM

confirming randy's tatements
i talked to my buddy regarding the DNR launch
you can stay in the parking lot overnight, if you get a pass at the Holland state park office ( 1 mile down the road)

Dutton, using the day pass you can stay overnight also.

Ramb

thrashercharged 07-28-2014 02:25 PM

I realize this is an ancient thread but I'm needing to know where to put in a 25 footer in Holland. I visited last weekend and took a look around without the boat. I didn't see a manned office at any ramp. I'm from out of town and will be looking for a day pass. Where do I pay the fee and get a pass for any of the three ramps?

So Dutton allows overnight for no extra charge? If I have to drive down to the Holland state park office at the far west end of the road to pay the fees and get my permits, do I tow the boat down there too? It's there a big turnaround? And what about Kollen Park? It looked nice, is the ramp deep enough there? Good channel, etc? Overnight allowed?

Thanks, Tom