Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Anyone ever have a run in with a snake on their boat? >

Anyone ever have a run in with a snake on their boat?

Notices

Anyone ever have a run in with a snake on their boat?

Old 06-20-2007, 03:31 PM
The Senior Charter Member #1070
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

While docking a 94' 38 Top Gun, I had a baby snake come up and try taking several bites out of the boat on the starboard side near the stern. Wouldn't want to cross paths with him again if he was that aggressive as a baby...
Old 06-20-2007, 03:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I walked down to the lift to pull the cockpit cover back over the sundeck and reached out there laid a 6' no lie water snake I screamed like a little girl But get this the neighbors brother (farmer ) was next door and the snake had crawled back into the eave of the lift so he climbs on the front of the boat stands on tip toes and says yeah i see him back in there and reaches in and pulls him out by the tail and his wife kills it with a shovel I'm standing waaayyy off in the yard. i've got target pistol with rat shot now works great the neighbors think I'm nuts but they did before any way
Old 06-21-2007, 06:59 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just had this happen.
A snake was laying on the dock and I grabbed a fishing net to wack it and it went in the water. It swam around a bit and then turned around and even with my outboards tipped all the way out of the water that sucker slithered up the pump and platform. My wife and some friends are standing on the wall watching all this and she lets out a scream. I think that she just realized we sleep on that boat.
It moves around on the platform and then crawls out on the fins of the outboard. I poked at it with the net and it went into the water. It surfaced by me at the dock and I smacked it which stunned it enough to scoop it out of the water. I took it to the parking lot and grabbed a pipe and beat the hell out of it all the while swearing how he picked the wrong boat to be on.
I now look around a lot more when I get on the boat.

They can get on your boat if they want. They will even go on a line tied to a cleat.
Old 06-21-2007, 08:07 PM
www.Bajaboatowners.com
Platinum Member

I have not had an encounter with a snake on the boat, but I have had one in a van.

I was driving my parents conversion van in for service. As I went down the interstate, a black snake crawled out from between the cowl and the windshield and started slithering up the windshield. Stayed that way until I pulled into the service department of the dealership. You should have seen the look on the service writer's face.
Old 06-21-2007, 08:57 PM
Registered

I bought a 49 ford pick-up several years ago to restore brought it home on the car hauler and my dad says what is the black thing hanging there? I don't know so I get closer and it is a 5-6 ft long black snake scared me to death. He went back up under the truck I used some starting fluid to fume him out and he was jacked garbbed him by the tail pulled him off the trailer and chopped his head off
Old 06-21-2007, 11:21 PM
Registered

about a month my brother and i were down at our farm shooting an decided to go down to the creek. While we were down there we saw this snake I didn't know what kind it was so we left it alone. Later that week I did some research on the net and found out it was a copperhead. I never knew the exsisted in southeasten Indiana. Now when I go down there I have my .22 loaded with snake shot.
Old 06-22-2007, 08:05 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

We have rip-raff in front of the house and every couple of days you'll see a snake swimming in and out of it. Last summer my nieces were over and they put some bread in a minnow trap and were catching minnows. They left that night leaving the minnow trap in the water with minnows still in it. The next day i pull up the trap and find, no lie, 5 water snakes dead inside it all between 1 and 3 feet. I guess they went in after the minnies and then drowned when they couldn't get back out. Then the rest of the family of geniuses followed suit. So now we throw minnow traps near the rocks to catch snakes. When that doesn't do it, I resort to bird shot in a .22 rifle.
Old 06-22-2007, 08:46 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

This always worked for us. Usually blows the snake right in half on the first shot.
Attached Thumbnails Anyone ever have a run in with a snake on their boat?-snake_charmer_ii_compact.gif  
Old 06-22-2007, 08:58 AM
Registered

Received 68 Likes on 26 Posts

I hate F-n snakes!!!
Old 06-22-2007, 08:59 AM
VIP Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

what a bunch of Pu**ys
even my wife can handle a snake
Attached Thumbnails Anyone ever have a run in with a snake on their boat?-art_1357-medium-.jpg   Anyone ever have a run in with a snake on their boat?-p1030266-large-.jpg   Anyone ever have a run in with a snake on their boat?-p1030271-large-.jpg  

Quick Reply: Anyone ever have a run in with a snake on their boat?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.