Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stecz20
u like those fat shafts huh.....
All you have to do is point the boat, Ill handle the rest
And if anyone is getting the shaft....Kenny will be the first to know about it
Old 06-22-2007, 02:59 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Tantrum, Seem you have alot of experience w/OB. I have a "73 MAGNUM Sedan W/'98 300h.p. Mercs app. 60 hrs. on them,24-4blade Hyrdomotive props,Got 69.7 GPS so far. Usually cruise @3500,...........Should i have anything to worry about? Any segustions For more speed? Thanks, Michael
Old 06-22-2007, 03:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Tantrum
All you have to do is point the boat, Ill handle the rest
And if anyone is getting the shaft....Kenny will be the first to know about it
whos kenny?????

oh that guy with that slow ass skater.... i think i know him....
Old 06-22-2007, 03:11 PM
Registered

I would definatly upgrade to the fat shaft by the way. That would be money well spent I think.

How may hours where you getting from the small shafts before they broke?
I have broken 2 in the last 30 hours or so. The last time was in a poker run with a lot of gas and weight in the boat. Recently I was running a set of 15x34 3 blades that Bblades did for me. Not really much gas but 4 passengers. I was only running about 50mph when it happened. I did not have any issues before I started turning the props in however. My boat is about 4 mph turning in.
Old 06-22-2007, 03:48 PM
Registered

My question about broken prop shafts would be what type of water do you run in??? I run on mostly smooth water ( under 2' chop) I shouldn't say anythng but I haven't broken one yet but I check my gear oil EVERY TIME I get back and change it about every 10 hours...
I would think if you run ruffer water where the boat leaves the water more it may happen more often??

I run twin worked 2.4's and 30 X 14.5 merc clevers

Maybe diameter also effects it????
Old 06-22-2007, 04:02 PM
Registered

High Life, The AMT was the only HP boat Ive owned with outboards so my experience is very limited.

The trick to outboards is set-up. Motor height, spacing, and good props.

As far as things to worry about......dont bend over in front of Stecz.
Old 06-22-2007, 04:12 PM
Registered

Hi Tantrum, Seem you have alot of experience w/OB. I have a "73 MAGNUM Sedan W/'98 300h.p. Mercs app. 60 hrs. on them,24-4blade Hyrdomotive props,Got 69.7 GPS so far. Usually cruise @3500,...........Should i have anything to worry about? Any segustions For more speed? Thanks, Michael
Old 06-22-2007, 04:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Hottrucks
My question about broken prop shafts would be what type of water do you run in??? I run on mostly smooth water ( under 2' chop) I shouldn't say anythng but I haven't broken one yet but I check my gear oil EVERY TIME I get back and change it about every 10 hours...
I would think if you run ruffer water where the boat leaves the water more it may happen more often??

I run twin worked 2.4's and 30 X 14.5 merc clevers

Maybe diameter also effects it????
Rough water definatelly effects your prop shafts. I run on a river and its really not rough there either. Your prop size would also be quite a bit easier on your shafts. Running high motor height, turning them in on cats, and big props=very hard on 1" shafts.
Old 06-22-2007, 04:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by dreamboater
I have broken 2 in the last 30 hours or so. The last time was in a poker run with a lot of gas and weight in the boat. Recently I was running a set of 15x34 3 blades that Bblades did for me. Not really much gas but 4 passengers. I was only running about 50mph when it happened. I did not have any issues before I started turning the props in however. My boat is about 4 mph turning in.
I broke mine at about 50mph too. Funny thing was my boat only ran 50 for about ten minutes in its life.
3/4 gas, 2 people, 1-2 footers, just cruiseing, waiting for 2 other boats and SNAP, shiny new BBlade prop gone.
Brett did several sets of props for me, he does very nice work and gets then to you when he says he will. He has my business and my recomendation.

I ran the AMT pretty good regardless of water conditions, if it was going out, it was going.
Old 06-22-2007, 04:22 PM
Registered

I broke mine at about 50mph too. Funny thing was my boat only ran 50 for about ten minutes in its life.
3/4 gas, 2 people, 1-2 footers, just cruiseing, waiting for 2 other boats and SNAP, shiny new BBlade prop gone.
Brett did several sets of props for me, he does very nice work and gets then to you when he says he will. He has my business and my recomendation.

I ran the AMT pretty good regardless of water conditions, if it was going out, it was going.
Brett does an awesome job for sure! Where did the AMT go?

Quick Reply: 300 Mercury

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.