Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Vynyl Wraping, Any Info (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/161491-vynyl-wraping-any-info.html)

marineclean 06-20-2007 11:04 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Mine sticks out like a sore thumb.

Hey Bucky183,

We can get both trailers wrapped just put the wheels back on the other one. :D

Call me and I'll get you a quote. You can carry your azz down here and Amy can do it most likely in an afternoon.

glassdave 06-20-2007 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by Ron P (Post 2171052)
Do you really like the vinyl wrap look? I've see several now and they never turn me on. No shine, difficult to see what's going on, the graphics are normally too busy for my taste.

They seem good for race boats with sponsor names that might change but pleasure boats????

i was thinkin the same thing. I mean they do have their place and for any type of race boat or car or whatever its nice to have the flexability for sponsorship. most of them end up being to complicated and you can only see the detail when its on the trailer. yea they dont do much for me either but than again look what i do for a living :D .

stecz20 06-20-2007 11:24 PM

hey bo, if you use clear plastic, we can have the e dockers poop on ya... i hear they love scat parties??????

marineclean 06-20-2007 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by glassdave (Post 2171135)
but than again look what i do for a living :D .

Yep, you rub one out all day. :eek:

monstaaa 06-21-2007 06:39 AM

clear plastic, stick beating , pooping,,

are you all inbread or just members of the short bus club,,,,,

geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

wierdo's:p

redlinecat 06-21-2007 07:04 AM

I had Precision sign works in Nashville TN do mine.
They did a great job.

Ryan Beckley 06-21-2007 08:37 AM

3 Attachment(s)
We have the machine to do it and have done several boats and trailers. We are wrapping a 35' Everglades fishboat right now. Some people try to go crazy with the graphics and put too much on them.....that is when they look bad. I didn't do redlines , but it looks awesome. We also did board member Bruce Seroff's 30' Phantom race boat Simply Awesome, it regular vinyl on the deck and wrap on the sides.

letterrip 06-21-2007 11:03 AM

I agree With JAYBOAT & RYAN These days, there are many people not trained in design. that is what will seperate a good looking job from a bad one.

Even the Top Paint guys in the Biz give some of the same style, just re-gifted & are directing what we all compare things to. Dont forget there are trends in anything. any motorsport.
My Thought is... if you any of you go the wrap route. get a GOOD Sign or Fleet graphic shop & keep it simple & Unique

Less is more!

I've been in the sign & vehicle business since 1989 way before computers hit it big. when we used to hand paint everything.
I do still enjoy to pinstripe. But I do love my 54 inch printer!

Were in Boston If anyone needs any Help!

thisistank 06-21-2007 11:14 AM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Ron P (Post 2171052)
Do you really like the vinyl wrap look? I've see several now and they never turn me on. No shine, difficult to see what's going on, the graphics are normally too busy for my taste.

They seem good for race boats with sponsor names that might change but pleasure boats????

Our's has a nice shine....the new 3M material they're using is a whole new realm compared to the old vinyl.

Kim at the graphics co. did ours and did a great job!

www.thegraphicsco.com

THEJOKER 06-21-2007 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by thisistank (Post 2171631)
Our's has a nice shine....the new 3M material they're using is a whole new realm compared to the old vinyl.

Kim at the graphics co. did ours and did a great job!

www.thegraphicsco.com

That looks awesome!