Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Puder vs. Dreamer - SMACKDOWN IN CLEVELAND!!!!!!! >

Puder vs. Dreamer - SMACKDOWN IN CLEVELAND!!!!!!!

Notices

Puder vs. Dreamer - SMACKDOWN IN CLEVELAND!!!!!!!

Old 06-25-2007, 08:05 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok, I can fit in a weekend between Jersey and LOTO. We've been talking about this for too many years. If you're around and it's worth it let me know. I'll get on a plane and we'll rock C-town
Old 06-25-2007, 08:22 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TeamTaboo
You don't lose it Ted you store it until you need to use it. Great run. Puder keep it going the more you drive the faster you get.

call me anytime... available at a moments notice... and i never crash
Old 06-25-2007, 08:30 PM
Registered

video from last event

cleveland will be up in a week or so

http://speedcastprod.vidiac.com/vide...1600ab0a6f.htm
Old 06-25-2007, 10:20 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dreamer
these are the poormans version of f3.... tube frame... not monocoque... manual no sequential...

in racing thing get out of hand and expensive fast... this series doesnt allow it... we got 1 set of tires for both qualifiers and races!!!!

theyre winged 20 liter formula fords... 140 mph... 150-60hp... 1200 lbs with driver

we lapped cleveland in 1:17... indy cars go in just under a minute
I DREAM of doing something like this! My problem is I am 6'5" tall and probably will not fit in the cars and do not have a left leg to push a clutch. I have an above knee amputation on my left leg and nothing to push forward while sitting with.

For now I do track days and auto cross with my Porsche (Tiptronic...shifts on the steering wheel) and I go to Barber Motorsports for the Porsche Sports Driving School and drive there cars. I am having a blast with this and learning a lot and doing very well with it....but....I dream of doing what you guys are doing....consider yourselves very blessed to have the body and money to do this!
Old 06-25-2007, 11:09 PM
Registered

Received 86 Likes on 21 Posts

Cool match guys....... but Puder.........were you really three laps down?
Old 06-26-2007, 09:19 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by FeverMike
I DREAM of doing something like this! My problem is I am 6'5" tall and probably will not fit in the cars and do not have a left leg to push a clutch. I have an above knee amputation on my left leg and nothing to push forward while sitting with.

For now I do track days and auto cross with my Porsche (Tiptronic...shifts on the steering wheel) and I go to Barber Motorsports for the Porsche Sports Driving School and drive there cars. I am having a blast with this and learning a lot and doing very well with it....but....I dream of doing what you guys are doing....consider yourselves very blessed to have the body and money to do this!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Zanardi
Old 06-26-2007, 09:27 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dreamer
Thats pretty impressive!!!
Old 06-26-2007, 12:35 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pullmytrigger
Cool match guys....... but Puder.........were you really three laps down?
taken out by a mechanical with 3 laps to go. I was parked with a dead throttle cable and an engine that would only idle
Old 06-26-2007, 03:42 PM
Registered

Not to highjack the thread... But I will for a minute. FeverMike, aside from the leg issue, I too am "size-challenged" when it comes to race car fitment (the Lola FF I had looked like the cockpit had a hernia when I was in the car). I'm only 6'2" and about 260#, but that's enough to cause trouble with fit. If you're really interested in an open wheel car, check out the old Star Mazdas and new pro Star Mazdas. I've been told that the cars are designed to accept drivers as large as 6'6" and 280#.

As for the leg, it seems like you could get a hand clutch rigged up and then just right foot brake. Most real race cars don't require the clutch for shifting up and down (yes, my race car has a jerico dog box so no clutch needed) anyhow.

There's a couple more examples of people who've completely lost the use of their lower extremities and race including Wayne Rainey, Clay Regazzioni and Carol Holfelter. Good luck!

Oh and to de-hijack, way to go on the nudie-bar sponsor! Worth being too tired to run up front in my book!
Old 06-26-2007, 03:46 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

mike,

you coudl fit in an older mazda, they even had a special "large chassis" for big drivers i'm told. Once you get rolling you really don't need to clutch in these cars.

as for being too tired to run well. That was part of it. The other part was the car was off, and the final part. Ted just ran damn well! He's got skills and I've been trying to talk him into running the complete series next year!

-brendan

Quick Reply: Puder vs. Dreamer - SMACKDOWN IN CLEVELAND!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.