Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Any experienced Cobalt 293 owners out there? >

Any experienced Cobalt 293 owners out there?

Notices

Any experienced Cobalt 293 owners out there?

Old 06-21-2007, 12:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Any experienced Cobalt 293 owners out there?

After looking at all my options for the last several months, I'm going to look at a 2001 Cobalt 293 Cuddy this weekend. It will barely fit on my small boat lift that came with the house. I really don't feel like building a whole new dock and lift at the moment. It's too far out to open water for big engines eating gas and I have to go under one bridge, so a large cruiser is out too. Also don't want my boat on a rack a few miles away ( I wanna play with my toy!).

So, I'm hoping some of you have some experience or opinions on this boat.

I intend on crusing the canals, going out to the beach every other weekend and camping out monthly. Seems like a decent compromise for cruzing, fishing, diving, partying and camping. No speed, but I'll hold out for the Cig. or Apache.

The boat has 350's w/ Bravo 3's. 175, hrs. Stored on a lift and looks mint. I will need a generator and look to buy a used Kohler for it. I would prefer a Formula 330SS, but it won't fit this small lift!

All of that being said, please chime in and thank you in advance
Old 06-21-2007, 02:09 PM
Mac
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Mark
After looking at all my options for the last several months, I'm going to look at a 2001 Cobalt 293 Cuddy this weekend. It will barely fit on my small boat lift that came with the house. I really don't feel like building a whole new dock and lift at the moment. It's too far out to open water for big engines eating gas and I have to go under one bridge, so a large cruiser is out too. Also don't want my boat on a rack a few miles away ( I wanna play with my toy!).

So, I'm hoping some of you have some experience or opinions on this boat.

I intend on crusing the canals, going out to the beach every other weekend and camping out monthly. Seems like a decent compromise for cruzing, fishing, diving, partying and camping. No speed, but I'll hold out for the Cig. or Apache.

The boat has 350's w/ Bravo 3's. 175, hrs. Stored on a lift and looks mint. I will need a generator and look to buy a used Kohler for it. I would prefer a Formula 330SS, but it won't fit this small lift!

All of that being said, please chime in and thank you in advance
Colbalts are very well built boats, We have a lot of them on our lake, the owner of Colbalt lake house is also on our lake, GLOC in Oklahoma
Old 06-22-2007, 10:25 AM
Registered

Cool. Thanks for your input. I went to look at the boat yesterday instead of this weekend. Great boat for sure, but I'm having a difficult time as I really want something bigger and my dock issue is driving me crazy. But if I can't figure a way to fit something bigger in there, Cobalt it is.

Thanks again.
Old 06-22-2007, 10:37 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Our first boat was a Cobalt 272. We loved it and looked at the 292 when we were ready to move up. I have run the 292, which is the open bow version of the 293. It handled well and has a nice ride. Quality contruction throughout, and the factory is great to work with if you need something.

If the 293 is the boat that will fit I would not hesitate to get it.
Old 06-22-2007, 10:45 AM
Social Distortion
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cobalts are great boats. I sold a 293 four years ago and it was a great boat. There are kind of pigs but that's because of the weight from being built so well. The way cuddy cobalts are set up is the cockpits are nice and big but the cuddys are small but nice. It's a great boat for cruisin with the family. I say go for it if the price is right.
Old 06-22-2007, 04:22 PM
Registered

Thank you for sharing. Ya know, a number of guys here tell me I can just back a bigger (longer) boat into the lift. Thats fine with me, but it will stick out too far into the fairly busy canal. I'm frustrated! Time to see if I can rent a neighbor's lift or something....