Suggestins on 1st boat project >

Suggestins on 1st boat project

Notices

Suggestins on 1st boat project

Old 06-23-2007, 08:16 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael1
I think old boats are similar to old cars. It's better financially to buy someone else's restoration, than to do it yourself. You may want to look for something already in nice condition, and then do a bit of modernizing. There are plenty of boats in great condition at a good price in the classifieds.

Michael
Thats what I did with my Lib. Bought it cheap needing some cleanup/modernizing. Easy fixes, and I got it cheap. Now its just the way I want it.
Old 06-23-2007, 08:54 AM
Registered

I think it's important to ask yourself if you are in love with having a project, or anxious to go boating. Some people seem to prefer the satisfaction of working on boats more than actually using them. Nothing wrong with that if that is what you want. I've know people that spend two years (or more) working on restoring a boat, only to sell it and start another project once it is complete. Buying a boat that is complete, even if it is a basket case will save you money. If you plan to keep the boat when you are done with it, then I would find the exact brand and model that you lust after the most. Have Fun and post pictures once you start your project!
Old 06-23-2007, 09:29 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by budandfun
I would love to have that boat!!! Looks great...
I would too
Old 06-23-2007, 10:40 AM
Registered

For older boats I like Four Winns Liberators(pre '89), and SR-1 style Formulas, I love the sharp lines on those boats
Old 06-23-2007, 10:42 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by chuck21401
Are those splash blocks on top of the engines? Cool!
That's exactly what I was thinking!

It is a really nice looking boat, but, I'm still just a few nickels short.
And, thats about the size and combo I'm looking out for now.
Old 06-23-2007, 11:01 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by bouyhunter
That's exactly what I was thinking!

It is a really nice looking boat, but, I'm still just a few nickels short.
And, thats about the size and combo I'm looking out for now.
Give him a call he seems desperate to sell it.
Old 06-23-2007, 11:23 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BY U BOY
Give him a call he seems desperate to sell it.
I've got a couple things going on right now, and it's not the time for me to plunk down major cash on a toy.
I'm getting close to getting back on the water though. Depending on how things work out, maybe yet this season. If not, a winter purchase for next year is certainly feasable.
If I was there, I'd be looking at this one pretty hard.
I shouldn't say this, but I also have my eye on a Mirage, and a Chris Stinger that I could probably do if things go right
I've been having a string of good luck, for a change.
Maybe something will work out
Old 06-23-2007, 11:37 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by bouyhunter
I've got a couple things going on right now, and it's not the time for me to plunk down major cash on a toy.
I'm getting close to getting back on the water though. Depending on how things work out, maybe yet this season. If not, a winter purchase for next year is certainly feasable.
If I was there, I'd be looking at this one pretty hard.
I shouldn't say this, but I also have my eye on a Mirage, and a Chris Stinger that I could probably do if things go right
I've been having a string of good luck, for a change.
Maybe something will work out
I'm in the same boat(no pun intended)I am wanting to sell my scarab and get into a 25 or 26'er like a sonic or an active thunder. Then i saw this on ebay yesterday and that would be perfect for me but i just bought a house so you know how that goes.
Old 06-23-2007, 12:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BY U BOY
I'm in the same boat(no pun intended)I am wanting to sell my scarab and get into a 25 or 26'er like a sonic or an active thunder. Then i saw this on ebay yesterday and that would be perfect for me but i just bought a house so you know how that goes.
I'm also in the same position (bent over).
Going through a re-fi as we speak. So, money's are kinda floating around right now to make the best deal.
I had a 25' with a single BBC and loved it, but always wanted to go bigger. I'm starting to think now that a 25-27' range is actually my best match. Preferably twins.
Easy to haul, a little more maintenance than a single - but a little insurance to get ya home in the event...
Older, cheap, just fun - but still hang with the big guys.
On my budget, I'm never gonna be an E-dock guy. I might qualify for SBRT, based only on character.
I'm just looking to get back on the water.
Old 06-23-2007, 01:13 PM
Registered

I bought a little fixer upper in the fall. I have put alot of new stuff into it. It WILL take you longer to get it done than you think. If I had it to do all over again, I would. I enjoy working on it, but everyone is boating, and I am still working on mine. I like knowing what everything is versus wondering if it really is what the seller says it is.
Attached Thumbnails Suggestins on 1st boat project-dscn0156.jpg  

Quick Reply: Suggestins on 1st boat project

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.