Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
International Marine and Auto Investment Group????? >

International Marine and Auto Investment Group?????

Notices

International Marine and Auto Investment Group?????

Old 06-22-2007, 10:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default International Marine and Auto Investment Group?????

i received a call from these people today about ....them having a buyer for my boat. But all the paper works points to a 3rd party type sale. Seems like they want to take over payments. Seems really fishy
Has anyone had any doings with this company?
Thanks
Old 06-22-2007, 11:35 PM
Registered

Sounds like a scam to me......
Old 07-18-2007, 09:48 PM
Registered

Default International Marine

Yes I've had dealings with them under their two previous names of National Marine Investment Group and International Marine Investment Group. Check the Michigan BBB and Michigan General Attorney's sites for complaints against this company. I would stay far away!!!!! I'm stil trying to locate my Grady White that they brokered to a guy who only made one payment. They took the money and ran.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:12 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I did it and know of another guy that did it,

RUN RUN RUN - Dont do it

Wild
Old 07-18-2007, 10:27 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

They Must Look Threw The Classified To Find Peaple . They Called Me 2 .
They Want Someone To Put A Small Down Payment On My Boat And Make The Monthly Payments To Me And The Boat Would Stay In My Name
I Dont Think So
What About If The Reck The Boat Or Kill Someone " Thats What Insurance Is For " If They Dont Have The Credit To Take Out There Own Loan Then I Dont Trust Them ...
Run Forest Run
Old 07-23-2007, 09:33 AM
Registered

Well, I just received an email from a person who just got RIPPED off by this International Marine & Auto. Since he is not a member, nor a power boater, he emailed me. Then we talked via landline. With his permisison he wanted me to psot about this SOOOO no one else will fall into this trap.

"I am trying to warn everyone I can about International Marine and Auto. They totally got me hung out to dry for $100K. They do not know where my boat is?? ( it is suppose to be in Florida, then told me it was in Michigan, then gave me a phone number of a marina in Bradenton Beach FL that doesn't even have it) They did not follow the contract that they wrote. The guy they sold it to ( if you can call it that) Made 2 payments in 1 year.

I did do my homework, had my lawyer review it made some changes. The failure came when they didn't do what they were supposed to do.

I am not a member of that site, so please forward my name and number to anyone you know who wants to talk to me including yourself. "
Old 10-09-2007, 02:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by enticer
Well, I just received an email from a person who just got RIPPED off by this International Marine & Auto. Since he is not a member, nor a power boater, he emailed me. Then we talked via landline. With his permisison he wanted me to psot about this SOOOO no one else will fall into this trap.

"I am trying to warn everyone I can about International Marine and Auto. They totally got me hung out to dry for $100K. They do not know where my boat is?? ( it is suppose to be in Florida, then told me it was in Michigan, then gave me a phone number of a marina in Bradenton Beach FL that doesn't even have it) They did not follow the contract that they wrote. The guy they sold it to ( if you can call it that) Made 2 payments in 1 year.

I did do my homework, had my lawyer review it made some changes. The failure came when they didn't do what they were supposed to do.

I am not a member of that site, so please forward my name and number to anyone you know who wants to talk to me including yourself. "
I would like to talk to you....bob.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:33 PM
Registered

Default International Marine and Auto Group Rebuttal!!!!

Hello All,

My name is Julie and I work for International Marine. I would just like to clear up a few misconceptions about my company.

First of all...we are not now, nor have we ever been called NATIONAL MARINE. That is a different company. We in fact tried to help out those folks by taking on a few of their problem clients, but unfortunately some of those problems have not been resolved.

Yes we had a boat stolen from our client, The Grady White was stolen and although my company has spent approx $15,000.00 trying to recover that vessel, including hiring private investigators and attorneys, it has not been recovered yet. That particular case is a matter of public record and we have done everything we possibly could to rectify that client. We also advised that client to contact his insurance company to declare that vessel stolen. Unfortunately there are bad people in this world. We screen our clients very carefully, I hate to say that some things are learned though experience, that happened about 6 to 7 years ago, and we have not had anything like that happen since.

You are more than welcome to log on to the BBB and check us out. You are also welcome to check us out on the Michigan Chamber of Commerce as well. Or if you like you can check us out on the New York Stock Exchange under our duns number #78-386-3199. We take every complaint very seriously and we do everything we can to address every single complaint that is brought to our attention. Although there may be 10 - 15 clients who have had an issue that my company has cleared up, there are 350 - 400 that NEVER had a problem.
If you could help me find on the michigan attorney general site with something, somewhere about my company, please direct me in the right direction so I may be able to view it for myself. Because I looked and could not find anything.

In closing, this may NOT be the right decision for your situation. We do not force any of our clients to go though our program. We do however, offer creative financing to folks who would need to get out of their monthly payment, may have negative equity and want to keep as much money in their pocket as possible or are just asking for what they owe. We can also help out folks who own their vessel outright and are open to another option to help sell their boat and collect interest on top of their asking price. If you are in the real estate market or know someone who is, ask them about a land contract. This partnership purchase agreement is set up like that.

To those of you out there who are not interested in dealing with folks who may not be able to obtain conventional financing on a luxury item, (for example if the person went though a nasty divorce 5 years before and the bank won't finance them now...), I am glad that you were not the seller of the 38' Class A Motorhome that I helped my client from Alaska get into, who needed a place to live in Washington State while she was going though cancer treatments and then going to spend a few years travelling the country with her new husband when her treatments were over.

Let's not spoil the bunch because of one bad apple. Please feel free to contact me with any questions you have.

Last edited by IMAI Rep.; 10-09-2007 at 04:21 PM.
Old 10-09-2007, 03:42 PM
Banned

I for one would not finance my boat to anyone, contract or no contract.

I paid cash for my boat and if someone wants it bad enough they can pay me cash for it, just like I handed the guy I bought it from.

In most cases there is a "real" reason why a conventional bank wont loan people money and I find it hard to believe someone with a $30-$100k boat would even consider owner financing a boat to someone they dont know through a company they dont know.

I beg to differ with your comment that your company operates allot like a land contract. If you have a land contract and the buyer doesnt pay you know where the land is. If a buyer doesnt pay for a $100k boat there is no telling where that boat will end up, or in how many parts it will be found in.

I say save the motorhome cancer sympathy statement for another forum and seek out boats in another place, this obviously is not the place for you to be shopping for a boat with no "real" money.
Old 10-09-2007, 03:53 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by long duck dong
I for one would not finance my boat to anyone, contract or no contract.

I paid cash for my boat and if someone wants it bad enough they can pay me cash for it, just like I handed the guy I bought it from.

In most cases there is a "real" reason why a conventional bank wont loan people money and I find it hard to believe someone with a $30-$100k boat would even consider owner financing a boat to someone they dont know through a company they dont know.

I beg to differ with your comment that your company operates allot like a land contract. If you have a land contract and the buyer doesnt pay you know where the land is. If a buyer doesnt pay for a $100k boat there is no telling where that boat will end up, or in how many parts it will be found in.

I say save the motorhome cancer sympathy statement for another forum and seek out boats in another place, this obviously is not the place for you to be shopping for a boat with no "real" money.
Your my kind of person!

Quick Reply: International Marine and Auto Investment Group?????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.