Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Best $200 ive EVER SPENT! (20 mins in a 47' lightning, triple 525's) >

Best $200 ive EVER SPENT! (20 mins in a 47' lightning, triple 525's)

Notices

Best $200 ive EVER SPENT! (20 mins in a 47' lightning, triple 525's)

Old 06-24-2007, 01:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Downtown42
fishing guys charter real boats
Old 06-24-2007, 01:23 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by uthustler
what boat manufacturers make high quality boats in the cat hull design?
Your checkbook is the limit. The ultimate would be a Mystic 50. There is no offshore boat in the world that will outrun one in any sea conditions.
Old 06-24-2007, 01:31 PM
Registered

It's tombone-head's rig. I think it will be in the lo 90's which is same as the one you rode in speed wise.

LIB...cats in rough? Why were there none when the rough water hit us at Chicago run 2006? None made the first run, they sat at docks or on trailers. Afternoon, they came out to play but they were a handful.
I dont know, I wasnt there. Sorry I dont know everything about every cat every made. I'll work on it. I can take a stab at it though: Cats are sensitive to set up (at least mine is). Maybe they were set up for top speed and not rough conditions. Put on a smaller prop, take out some bow lift it will run smoother in the rough. Prop it for top speed it will fly more in rough water but be faster in the calm. How many poker runners carry 2 or 3 different sets of props? How many know which is best for which conditions? How many just want to hang out and have fun?
But like I said, I wasnt there so I dont know. I'll work on my esp so I can read the minds of people half way across the country from me so I know what their thinking to give you a better answer next time.
Old 06-24-2007, 03:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by RHC
If history runs true ,,, for that amount you will get screwed pretty bad purchasing a offshore boat that someone else has beat the crap out of it !!!

RHC
can you not get an entry level boat for that price range?
Old 06-24-2007, 09:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by uthustler
can you not get an entry level boat for that price range?
You can but not a 47 fountain.Look around at Fountain, Formula, Donzi ,Active thunder, Velocity, Baja all have boats at or lower than you price range 47 with triples is $$$$$
Old 06-24-2007, 09:40 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

fishing guys charter real boats :
Yo! WOW...! OK so I;ve got this awesome 38TE Fountain with all the greatest electronics and fully rigged for fishing. Anyone want to charter it? I'll take you out to catch anything you want....I captian it and you fish.

Also if this guy is charging money for a ride in his Fountain someone could have some real fun with him...legally! : I think it is pretty much arogant and not very nice to charge someone for a quick ride...either do it for the love of the sport and to make a friend or if you do not have the time don't offer the ride...that is just me.
Old 06-24-2007, 09:40 PM
Registered

U-Hustler welcome aboard, how did you find out about OSO,
I love your newbie enthusiam You sound pretty new to the offshore scene so take it easy, read a lot here and DON'T jump to quickly into buying a boat. You mentioned not being able to see some profiles, without being a paying member there are a lot of features on OSO you will not be able to access. If you like this sport buy a membership on OSO, it will be one of the best investments you ever made.

Do you have a boat now, you should take a moment and introduce yourself. Donna
Old 06-24-2007, 09:45 PM
Registered

what kind of boat is a high demand that wouldnt be hard to resell once it is time to step up? (manufacturer, options, what?)
Old 06-24-2007, 09:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht
U-Hustler welcome aboard, how did you find out about OSO,
I love your newbie enthusiam You sound pretty new to the offshore scene so take it easy, read a lot here and DON'T jump to quickly into buying a boat. You mentioned not being able to see some profiles, without being a paying member there are a lot of features on OSO you will not be able to access. If you like this sport buy a membership on OSO, it will be one of the best investments you ever made.

Do you have a boat now, you should take a moment and introduce yourself. Donna
Thanks, I just sold my 4th Cobalt, and looking to get into this category boat. Found it from google. Ill upgrade my account this week. thanks again, i love it!
Old 06-24-2007, 09:51 PM
Registered

how is this fountain price wise?

2001 Fountain 35 Lighting - $104,995
001 Fountain 35 Lighting, 35' WANT TO GO FAST 110 MPH!!!!!!!!! This is a 2001 Fountain 35 Lighting Twin Step Derebery Performance Marine 750's with Imco shorti XR Drives Hydromtive 5 blade props Very Clean Very Fast Shark Graphics 57 Hours on Hull Motors and Drives are Fresh over 100K invested in Motors and drives. FRESH WATER BOAT ONE OWNER comes with Trailer.

Last edited by uthustler; 06-24-2007 at 09:52 PM. Reason: aaa

Quick Reply: Best $200 ive EVER SPENT! (20 mins in a 47' lightning, triple 525's)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.