Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Performance center consoles? >

Performance center consoles?

Notices

Performance center consoles?

Old 06-27-2007, 02:34 PM
NoQuarter

That Concept is freaking awesome! Love the lines and the paint.

Old 06-27-2007, 09:43 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RHC
Hey Cuda ,, don't want to start bragging just yet ,, but ,, the 2008 Concept Sport Deck is running 75-77 with 275 Verado's, has a full Cabin and Just might get and average of 2+miles to Gal //// might just work real well !! ,,, of course that's all just hearsay!!! I might know for sure next week

RHC
It would still be a tad shy. There are some great looking and performing CC's, but to me they just aren't the same, and that's coming from a guy who's first new boat was a CC, that I still own, and it would be the last boat I'd sell. Granted, it's not a performance CC, but I have run with several. Maybe it's just me, but CC's feel more like an appliance to me. They just don't get my juices flowing like a closed bow performance boat, with twin BBC's.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:38 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Shanghied Again
I sell both Donzi and Concept both boats are exceptional running boats, Most folks have different tastes when it comes to CC. The Donzi 35ZFC is a great fishing boat, wide beam gives it stability in rollers, she will run with 250 Verados 62 mph and 67 with 275s, The 36 Concept aims its boats at the Customer who wants the bling of a Performance boat with custom paints workmanship and a solid ride with 250 Verados she will run 62-64 with 275s 66-68 mph and with 300s over 70 mph. It all comes down to what you like and your needs, you will never go wrong with either boat.
You positive about those speeds? I've run and owned and seen boat tests and those and they seem optimistic...not putting down these super nice boats but I just know what they run in the real world....interesting though.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by THEJOKER
Don't let Reggie hear you say that!

Fountain Mercury sets center console world speed record
HA! that is what I was thinking and I love to go out hunting and run down so called high performance boat's with I/O's!
Old 06-27-2007, 11:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by OSO
If that is the hull I think it is and you are gonna make a CC out of it put me on the list for one. I told him to make the CC version of it but he never listened to anyone.
See Brian, just what we talked about a year ago! Go for it...go get 'em!
Old 06-27-2007, 11:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Bryan Rose
Thanks for the help everyone ! I will keep my eyes open over the summer and look patiently......Still like the looks of the ZF series by Donzi. Really like the Concept but does not seem to have enough of a cuddy cabin in the front and is a bit narrower than the Donzi, might get intersting rolling around all dayin big rollers... I also like the Regulators but do not know much about them. Again thanks for the help.

Bryan

Regulator builds a stout well made boat but no creature comforts...totally hardcore fishing. The Concept 36 and Donzi 35zf roll around at anchor or drift the same. If you want a more stable boat at rest and anchor and a deep V you will need 10+ beam. My Fountain 38 CC is a 10'6" beam and pretty darn stable.
to me the Concept slices through the rough stuff better than the Donzi 35ZF. I looked hard at both brands for about a year back in 2002-03 when I bought a 36 Concept...I sold it in August 2005 for my Fountain CC.

If you want some sport style, stout build, creature comforts and great fishing features look at the 31 Jupiter too. Also the 35 Marlago is very nice and looks great too.

If I could only make 1 recomendation to you on buying a center console...make dang sure the one you get is SELF BAILING!!!!
Old 06-28-2007, 01:25 AM
Registered

Question

Originally Posted by cuda
"Performance" and "Center Console" are a contradiction in terms.
Are you willing to bet on that?
Old 06-28-2007, 01:31 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Kims
Whatcha bringing to the party? I said there may be a handful that can outrun my resin bucket, but they are few and far between.
Old 06-28-2007, 02:05 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Kims
I just checked you profile, and I didn't see any boat listed.
Old 06-28-2007, 06:51 AM
Registered

34 Scarab SS with triple OMC 4.0 V8's

Quick Reply: Performance center consoles?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.