Performance center consoles?

Old 06-30-2007, 01:57 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=Kims;2183143]
Originally Posted by fabricator
Ummmmm............ it's 20 miles from the Atlantic, remember? QUOTE]

I know, I used to live in Ormond beach, and can't wait to get back to Fla somewhere..anywhere Fla would be good. When I do get back there just look for the all white scarab with all white triple engines...
What kind of speeds does it run? Where in Florida are you heading? I boat in the St. Pete/Clearwater/Sarasota area or in Tampa Bay.
Old 06-30-2007, 02:08 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=DRIVEN1;2183153]
Originally Posted by Kims

What kind of speeds does it run? Where in Florida are you heading? I boat in the St. Pete/Clearwater/Sarasota area or in Tampa Bay.
The goal speedwise is 70MPH this year and 80MPH next year. I bought the boat three years ago in Maryland as a wreck and have restored it myself and also added the third engine. The way it sits right now, I have my outer motors way too deep and is trying to get my hands on a couple 20" midsections. Since completion I have only taken it out a few times and 70 is very close to a reality. If I get enough $$$ buildt up for the next season I will have Monthy build my engines and hence approach speeds of Fountains "world record".. But with the gas consumption of those monsters it is hard to build up any extra $$$ for such a project.
With respect to where in Fla, I have no pereference, as long as it is close to water. Here in the desert we have lakes and rivers, but I can't tell you how much I miss saltwater.. As soon as this F^%$# airlines get their act together and stabilize, I will move down there. Both my wife and I are ready as can be!
Old 06-30-2007, 02:13 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

[QUOTE=Kims;2183160]
Originally Posted by DRIVEN1

The goal speedwise is 70MPH this year and 80MPH next year. I bought the boat three years ago in Maryland as a wreck and have restored it myself and also added the third engine. The way it sits right now, I have my outer motors way too deep and is trying to get my hands on a couple 20" midsections. Since completion I have only taken it out a few times and 70 is very close to a reality. If I get enough $$$ buildt up for the next season I will have Monthy build my engines and hence approach speeds of Fountains "world record".. But with the gas consumption of those monsters it is hard to build up any extra $$$ for such a project.
With respect to where in Fla, I have no pereference, as long as it is close to water. Here in the desert we have lakes and rivers, but I can't tell you how much I miss saltwater.. As soon as this F^%$# airlines get their act together and stabilize, I will move down there. Both my wife and I are ready as can be!
Good luck with your quest to get to Florida if you are waiting for the airlines. My brother-in-law worked for Northwest and tried for ten years to get back to FLorida with them. He was rewarded by being laid off a couple years ago. He now works for Jetblue and is living in Orlando. There are a couple Southwest pilots in my development.
Old 06-30-2007, 05:36 PM
Banned

[QUOTE=Kims;2183160]
Originally Posted by DRIVEN1

The goal speedwise is 70MPH this year and 80MPH next year.
You'd be better off in Vegas until next year, then you might have a chance.
Old 06-30-2007, 06:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Kims
Ain't no water in DeLand, been there before!
are you forgetting about the withalacoochee river,used to be some fast azz airboats up there that would go by and scare the chit out of you ,and leads to the gulf
Old 06-30-2007, 07:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BOBCATMATHEWS
are you forgetting about the withalacoochee river,used to be some fast azz airboats up there that would go by and scare the chit out of you ,and leads to the gulf
The Withalacoochee River is about halfway across the state. The St John's is a half mile from my house. I live on a canal that leads to it.
Old 06-30-2007, 09:00 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Donzi38ZR
First of all I dont think he'd be yapping those numbers out as a dealer of both those brands if they did not run what he says they run.. after all he's still going to be there when the customers come back from the run.

Secondly... Are you kidding? your comments are laughable at best....

1. a 36C running better in the rough than a 35 ZF...humm
Your saying a 5200lbs hull rides better in the rough Vs 8000 lb. Come on dude... that's a Potato chip to the ZF the fact they run about the same speed with the Donzi 3000lbs heavier should tell you something about the technology in the running surfaces.

2. You say, "Concept 36 and Donzi 35 ZF roll around at anchor or drift the same"
Who the heck gets a boat like these and worries about "roll around at anchor" or drift.... give me a break

3. Does your looking at a Donzi & Concept back in 2002.. 5 years ago really hold opinion weight to what they are today? not IMO....

Just to put it in perspective how long ago that was....I believe in 2002 Donzi came out with the 38 ZR Competition at which time your beloved Fountains did not see a championship until they bought the league years later and Donzi went racing overseas. LONG...LONG...time ago:

I stated my feelings of these 2 boats based on the lengthy test rides, many trips on a 35zf Donzi and owning a 36 Concept. If you do not agree that is fine and I could not care less but I based my opinions on facts. You believe everything a dealer says? Geesh...I was just questioning how he got those speed numbers.

The 2002-03 models of these 2 boats are exactly the same today in 2007 as they were then. Same hull same deck on both boats.

You might want to go and dump the piss out of your Corn Flakes and try milk with sugar...it's sweeter.
Old 06-30-2007, 09:23 PM
Banned

Now, now, lets keep the blows above the belt. We can agree to disagree without malice.
Old 06-30-2007, 10:04 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by cuda
Now, now, lets keep the blows above the belt. We can agree to disagree without malice.
Yeah Cuda that's what I thought! I posted my factual thoughts on the boats...not slamming them at all...but I get slammed and my currect boat (which I NEVER mentioned in my post) gets slammed...geesh! HA!
Old 06-30-2007, 10:21 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rambo
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Performance center consoles?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.