Looking for premium gas by Saugatuck, MI

Notices

Looking for premium gas by Saugatuck, MI

Old 06-25-2007, 09:26 AM
rv
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Looking for premium gas by Saugatuck, MI

We will be in Saugatuck, MI this weekend and would like to know were we can get premium gas (91 or 93 would be better). If none is available how about, South Haven, Holland or Grand Haven.

Thanks for your help,
Rick
Old 06-25-2007, 09:49 AM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Rick, not sure where you are lauching your boat----are you launching from another port and running up to Saugatuck??? I have not heard of any 91 or 93 octane fuel available at the docks in Saugatuck, but if you are trailering your boat in and launching at Saugatuck, then there is a Shell gas station on Blue Star Hwy near the bridge just as you enter Saugatuck about 1/4 mile from the Kalamazoo River. Otherwise the only 93 I know of is from BP/Amaco at Pier 33 in St. Joseph (about 40-45 miles south of Saugatuck) and I believe they now have 93 octane available at the Warf Marina in Grand Haven which is roughly 25-30 miles or so north of Saugatuck. I hope this helps a bit---perhaps someone else can chime in too.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:36 AM
rv
Registered

Thanks,
We are hoping to run across the lake from here. We will be staying at Saugatuck. Sounds like Grand Haven is the closest location.

Are you going to be out this weekend in the area?

Rick
Old 06-25-2007, 12:25 PM
Registered

We will probably be up in the Traverse City area, but just as a warning to you----the Marine Patrol (Sherriff) are some very touchy guys in Grand Haven when it comes to exhaust noise from our kind of boats. They nailed a friend of mine last year AFTER Memorial Day who has an older 38' Scarab with a pair of Merc 454cid/400hp engines with a BONE STOCK Merc exhaust system where the water and exhaust gases mix with each other and exit thru only some very restrictive 3" diameter thru hull fittings from the late 70's/early 80's. When it comes to the marine cops, you might be okay with mufflers and then you may need to talk with other offshore boaters that frequent the Grand Haven harbor who know more than I do---I hardly EVER go in Grand Haven anymore because of the Marine Patrol.

Other than that, I assume you have a GPS? When coming across Lake Michigan from the Chicago area, then maybe you can shoot for St. Joe and make a fuel stop there before moving on to Saugatuck---more or less it will be on your way to Saugatuck than going all the way to Grand Haven for a fuel stop and then doubling back to Saugatuck unless of course you just want to have fun and run your boat a lot. You can call ahead and find days/times of when the fuel dock is open at Pier 33 Marina in St. Joseph----I think their number is 269-983-3333. Have fun!
Old 06-25-2007, 01:31 PM
rv
Registered

Mark,
Thanks for the info. We will be trying Traverse City area next year. I remember your comments from last year about that area and will be making a trip there.

Have fun up there.
Rick
Old 06-25-2007, 03:18 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I just kept hiding from the Marine Patrol last weekend...if one was gonna get behind be I was going to shut down an engine. My exhaust isn't very loud, but I didn't even want to take a chance.
Old 06-25-2007, 04:41 PM
(aka) Pure Adrenaline
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Invest in a case of Torco fuel accelerator and then you can run what ever you can find. They are great people to work with. Just give them call and they will tell you how you need to mix it and your all set. It comes in leaded and unleaded. I run the leaded and mix it with 92-93 for the extra lead lubrication. Stay away from the fuel additives you find at the local parts stores.

http://www.torco.com/cart.php

Have fun abd be safe, Doug
Old 06-25-2007, 05:14 PM
Registered

Rick, Doug is right....I forgot about the Torco fuel accelerator. Torco is a TRUE fuel octane booster unlike the kinds you see in the auto stores, etc. Just read the directions or call the people at Torco and they will help you.

Also, yes...you will love the Grand Traverse Bay, Elk Rapids, Torch Lake, Charlevoix area----it's all beautiful water and boating up there!
Old 06-25-2007, 05:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is nothing is Saugatuck, Holland is a good bet but GH is 30 miles from Saugatuck, I would not chance it and get the Torco addative, it is a sure bet. You can call Eldeans Ship Yard to see, they are the closest once in the channel. I am going out tonight and I will take a look at the places I think may have it.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:47 PM
(aka) Pure Adrenaline
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

[QUOTE=KAAMA;2176288]Rick, Doug is right....

Mark, you know I'm always right, Ask Betty

Quick Reply: Looking for premium gas by Saugatuck, MI

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.