If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Lift Question?

My Boats:
    2012 32 Concept
    Fort Myers, FL

Lift Question?

I have a 14,000 lbs. Hi-tide elevator lift at my house. Every time after we use it we always unplug the lifts power source because we were told due to electrolisis and other decaying varments that if we left the power on the lift would attract electric and eventually be eaten away. The question is we are going to be going on a four day trip with the boat, can I leave the lift on for that amount of time without any problems?

Thanks in advance...

Not going to hurt to leave it plugged in for a few days. Unplugging it will like you have been doing will give a much longer life to the lift, its not the power its the fact that you disconnect the ground when you unplug it. If you have poor grounding at the pole (neutral) then your house current will find its way down your lift and cause it to rot. I also use huge zincs on mine. Using the key does not disconnect everything from the lift.

Mark, what problems are you having? I've have 3 hi-tide lifts (1-4post and 2 elevators) all 14 years old, never a problem with any of them. Is it the lift or the dealer in your area?

My Boats:
    2012 32 Concept
    Fort Myers, FL
    Thanks for the responses. I have had nothing but good experiences with Hi-tide lifts themselves, my local dealer is another story.