Notices

Is this a bad idea???????????

Old 06-27-2007, 10:04 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
What about this for the money

http://detroit.craigslist.org/boa/331049133.html

If I could get it for $25K
The express is a nice boat. Well built and tough- a good rough water boat. Replacing the tank isn't going to be a walk in the park but if it's like the bigger one's, it shouldn't be too bad. $25K would be a good deal.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:11 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Brad's correct, but IMHO the Chris Cats are a fantastic blast for the buck. The #2 Speedy's bother me tho, very difficult to find parts and their ability to handle 502s is marginal.
Greencard (Andy) has my old CC and it's running about 120 with about 770 hp per side (on #3s). It ran 125 when I had it with a bit more power
Due
Attached Thumbnails Is this a bad idea???????????-resized%2520chriscat.jpg  

Last edited by Dueclaws; 06-27-2007 at 10:17 AM.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:22 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"once you go cat you never go back to V " I have had V's for years until I did a cat run this year I didnt realize how smooth life can be on the water. Just my .2 cents
Old 06-27-2007, 12:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bad Ass Industrial
"once you go cat you never go back to V " I have had V's for years until I did a cat run this year I didnt realize how smooth life can be on the water. Just my .2 cents

forgive the hijack- one element usually left out of this debate is the speeds you will operate at most of the time. If the traffic /slop or waves dictates 30-50 mph I'd rather be in a v any time, cats are awkwrad and rough at that speed, north of 50 I'd rather be in a cat unless we are talking bigger ocean stuff

end of hijack
Old 06-27-2007, 12:55 PM
Registered

Received 282 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by Cattitude
forgive the hijack- one element usually left out of this debate is the speeds you will operate at most of the time. If the traffic /slop or waves dictates 30-50 mph I'd rather be in a v any time, cats are awkwrad and rough at that speed, north of 50 I'd rather be in a cat unless we are talking bigger ocean stuff

end of hijack
Good point.........this is why I'm not a cat guy. The seller already told me there is not enough power in her to get her on air. That boat is real heavy. I usually drive around 50-60mph. I don't drive in the rough all the time, but my family has a house on the water and I often find myself putting the boat up in the middle of a storm with 20-30mph wind and 5-6ft swells. I know this cat can handle it, but a smaller one would not.
Old 06-27-2007, 04:00 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Andy ---

Let me throw in my .02

The CC is one cool ride and we all know how I love classics. You can`t hardly lose for that kind of money, but here are 2 things you need to consider :

INSURANCE will be a total beotch to get and will cost you $$$. Not only the CAT factor, but the AGE will be tough, coupled with the horsepower.

Not sure if you are paying cash or getting financing, but if you plan to get a loan, it will also be very hard with the age of the boat. Interest rates will also be killer.