If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: my next boat

My Boats:
    spectre 36 cat
    las vegas
    Quote Originally Posted by rainmn View Post
    Overbuilt? Have they changed their construction methods significantly over the last couple of years?

When they had that godawful "Rock the Boat" show on OLN about Ultra, it looked to me like they were slapped together out of plywood and drywall screws.
    dude--it was TV I know first hand there are no short comings in an Ultra boat when it comes to build quality... remember, its a west coast lake boat--it is every bit the equal to DCB, Eliminator, etc...not Skater, MTI, Nortech, Spectre...
    several of our havasu friends have Ultra cats...

Gold Member Gold Member Shore Thing's Avatar
    My Boats:
    21' Paramount
    Hollywood, MD
    Quote Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater View Post
    HAHA.... I asked them about that and they told me most of that stuff was staged. Thats why they don't have the TV show from what I understand. The producers wanted drama......which meant showing problems with production and staging drama scenes. The manufacturer just wanted them to show how good of a boat they were building. Looking back on it - I believe him.

28 Pantera
    28 Active Thunder (27ft something)

I am told both handle true 4-6ft waves. My 24 python handled 2-3ft waves. Waves are measured differently in different areas. I measure from the hole to the crest.

I guess different people have different ideas of what is considered comfortable as well. I could take a 17ft boston whaler in 4-6 footers and make it home safely, but i wouldn't be comfortable (at all). Its all relative, but most people don't want to be out cruising in a small boat in big seas for an extended period of time regardless of brand. (the two mentioned above are GREAT rough water boats...for their size)

Platinum Member Platinum Member
    Thanks for calling back about the Chica Rica bathing suits. My wife likes several of the suits and we'll place an order later.

My Boats:
    27 monza, eggbeaters, no seats
    key west,fl
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Ass Industrial View Post
    yeah the show was a mess it didnt show the true pride that goes into each boat and how built they really are.
    i can relate to that, we did a show for the the learning ch. in key west,called" in a fix",it was embarassing,most of the stuff they did ended up on the curb after the show,thankfully all my scenes were edited out:

My Boats:
    carlson cv23 getting ready to start Ultra 27
    san diego
    Quote Originally Posted by Dueclaws View Post
    Thanks for calling back about the Chica Rica bathing suits. My wife likes several of the suits and we'll place an order later.

Yeah great to meet you have a safe trip and we will get her the suits as soon as you get back.

My Boats:
    38 Fountain Fever with #4's, ok so it really 35
    In a box, s. side of chi town
    Whats that most inland lakes will only generate solid 4 footers at the most. Obviously they are not talking about the Great Lakes, You can ask anyone that was on the Chicago Poker Run last year will tell you they get NASTY. I think most of the pack was running in the 60mph range with a few over 90mph . There is a picture of Poker Face with the drives 3 foot out of the water.
    I quess thats what seperates the men from the boat owners.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123