Notices

my next boat

Old 06-27-2007, 12:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just run the lakes so for us its a good set up for us. Lite to med chop the current hull kicks butt performance wise cant wait tell the new hull is ready. As for power Im still on the fence with that as of yet kind of stuck between 525 and T800
Old 06-27-2007, 01:00 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

4-6ft waves in a lake = lake michigan.
and i ain't talkin 50ft sea ray wakes either.
Old 06-27-2007, 01:59 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Stormrider
4-6ft waves in a lake = lake michigan.
and i ain't talkin 50ft sea ray wakes either.
Thats what i was thinking. There isn't a 27' boat in the world that is comfortable in real 4-6' seas. No matter what design, how heavy, or how well made, it just isn't long enough for a smooth ride in 4-6 footers.

Anyone who tells you different doesn't know what actual 4-6' seas look like.
Old 06-27-2007, 02:05 PM
Registered

4-6 feet on a lake its time to really ask yourself what are you doing out here yes im a fair weather boat owner
Old 06-27-2007, 02:41 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VEGAS36CAT
those boats are actually OVER built if anything...I'm talking brick ****house...That 27' Shadow is pushing about 5500LBS. Solid as a BLOCK WALL...
Overbuilt? Have they changed their construction methods significantly over the last couple of years?

When they had that godawful "Rock the Boat" show on OLN about Ultra, it looked to me like they were slapped together out of plywood and drywall screws.
Old 06-27-2007, 02:52 PM
Registered

yeah the show was a mess it didnt show the true pride that goes into each boat and how built they really are.
Old 06-27-2007, 02:53 PM
Registered

Received 282 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by rainmn
Overbuilt? Have they changed their construction methods significantly over the last couple of years?

When they had that godawful "Rock the Boat" show on OLN about Ultra, it looked to me like they were slapped together out of plywood and drywall screws.
HAHA.... I asked them about that and they told me most of that stuff was staged. Thats why they don't have the TV show from what I understand. The producers wanted drama......which meant showing problems with production and staging drama scenes. The manufacturer just wanted them to show how good of a boat they were building. Looking back on it - I believe him.

28 Pantera
28 Active Thunder (27ft something)

I am told both handle true 4-6ft waves. My 24 python handled 2-3ft waves. Waves are measured differently in different areas. I measure from the hole to the crest.
Old 06-27-2007, 03:06 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Told, shmold... when i'm out in my 40ft SF in 4's doing 22knts, i'd like to see someone blow by at 50-60.
Most guys outta my inlet to the Atlantic tremble at 6ft on their way out... it flattens afterwards.
They all turn back before the entrance bouy.
But this is another story...
back to ULTRA.
Old 06-27-2007, 03:25 PM
Registered

i was in the Coast guard for 7 years on a dozen different life boats and to this day I still cant tell you the correct way to measure waves. Most in land lakes from what i rember from class can only generate about a 4' max wave due to depth and size. however certain canyon style lakes and large lakes can reach up to about 6' max but only for a short time and in certain areas. This doesnt take in the great lakes or areas like that.

here is little site that gives the way to figure out how deep of waves you are in.

http://ioc.unesco.org/Oceanteacher/o...ryAndSetup.pdf
Old 06-27-2007, 03:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Stormrider
Told, shmold...
back to ULTRA.

Yeah tv can be a mess however we did do the boats for "fear factor and a Monster Garage" We have a total of about 3 new boats coming out real soon 1 V and 2 cats. When it comes to doing a show on reality TV only belive about 10% of it alot of the stuff you dont see is all about making the viewer stay tuned in.

Living in SD I never put my boats in the salt so being a lake bum is all we do. At first we looked at a 28 V seeing how we thought maybe about going in the salt but then rode the cat and were hooked.

Quick Reply: my next boat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.