If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

525 heat exchanger issues???

Not sure if there really is a problem. Port header at idle does not flow a lot of water and of course runs hotter. Tried a simple garden hose backflush and no debris or brown stuff came out. I then put the hose on the IN side and sure enough, more water flows out of the right side than the left. I thought that strange since the IN is on the port side of the exchanger next to the OUT for the port header. Does the raw water take a 'path' through the setup that might explain this, or is there something wrong? I seem to remember my water pressure was a little on the high side last time out, but not sure of an exact number, it was kind of rough. Next time out, I will pay more attention to the gauge and check header temps after coming off plane. But like I said, I'm not sure anything is wrong.

Thoughts???? Or prior experience with this???

My Boats:
    I like them all!!
    just for fun remove the rubber jumper that connects the header to the tail pipe. See if there are restrictors. The restrictors could cause the headers to run at different temps.

Already did that. H.E. is defintely the cause, less water flows out of port side. Just don't know if that's by design. I only had a garden hose to test it though.