Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Baja outlaw vs sunsation aggressor (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/16205-baja-outlaw-vs-sunsation-aggressor.html)

Lee 02-12-2002 12:20 PM

My vote goes to the Sunsation

I had a 24 Rocket which is a 25 Agressor without the swim platform, used it for 6yrs and sold it for more than I paid for it.(I am in an area where they are well known)

I have to disagree on the Baja being a better rough water boat I have been in both and the Baja pounds where as the Sunsation lands soft.

Fit, finnish and construction quality on the Sunsation are also superior to the Baja.

Go up to the Baja and hit the side with your fist or push on the sides of the boat then try doing that with the Sunsation and you will see what boat is built rock solid.

audacity 02-12-2002 01:06 PM

how much do want to spend...what are your priorities???

tanned fat looks better 02-12-2002 01:16 PM

Originally posted by Ron P:
<STRONG>Baja is one set above Sea Ray
.</STRONG>
HUH?? How ya figure?

Jassman 02-12-2002 01:23 PM

Just listen to what MILLER said, he owns a BAJA and is going to get an ACTIVE THUNDER. Ive got one being built check it out www.activethunderboats.com go to latest news, Im RaDiO AcTiVe, what other boat manufacturer shows their boat being built on their website, from vacuum bagging to painting my dash the exact way I want it. This is a total custom manufacturer, not semi custom, and a 25 AT has way more cabin headroom than the other two boats mentioned and is better built. Compare apples to apples call Steve up 954-782-1111 ask for a cd rom or vhs tape, then go take a ride in the gulf in 5-8 seas not some lake chop and then make your decesion. Ive owned Formula, Fountain, and Powerquest all good boats also, but not like this THUNDER :)

audacity 02-12-2002 01:26 PM

quality may not be a priority for him JASSMAN!...he may want a big ski boat with fluffy stuff :D

Eric1969 02-12-2002 01:45 PM

Jassman-
Where is Diamondhead, MS? I am heading to Jackson tonight and then Gulfport Wednesday. Staying at the Beau Rivage. (Yeah, Baby)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whiteknuckle 02-12-2002 01:56 PM

I have not owned a Baja so I cannot comment about them. I do own a Sunsation Rocket which is the same hull without the step or swim platform. The hull on the Sunsation is a very proven design which has only gotten better with time. I run mind hard in some nasty water and do not have any spyder cracks of any kind. The boat is solid, fast, and has an incredible fun factor. The factory support is even there for an old boat like mine. The factory answers questions from me just like they would for a guy that just bought a new one. They are boaters!!

Gordo 02-12-2002 02:13 PM

If I had my choice between the Baja and the Sunsation, I'd take the Sunsation hands down.
Partially due to construction and performance, partially due to customer service.
Now, add the Active Thunder, and the only decision becomes what colors you're gonna paint it.
Take a close look at Active Thunder,
everyone else is.

rick32 02-12-2002 02:45 PM

Dude....

I find the question rather funny....
What I mean exactly is that one can't simply compare the two boats on ANY LEVEl .... They are simpley not in the same league...the only attribute they share are roughly same LOA..... THAT's IT !

For example, Ones a cut and paste deal , notoriously known for defects and
" Warrenty Work " & the other is completly hand built by a family operation with a family concept in mind specifically with regard to it's customer base.... Take that into account and ask your question to yourself again......

I made the right choice with Sunsation.
I hope you do as well.

Rick32 :D :D :D :D

Jassman 02-12-2002 02:47 PM

Eric1969. The Beau is a great place to stay at, make sure you get their famous massages, both sides, HeHeHe. Diamondhead is 30 minutes west from there off I-10. Towards New Orleans, TODAY IS FAT TUESDAY - MARDI GRAS BABY, LAST DAY TO DO WHAT YOU WANT AND GET AWAY WITH IT, before lent, have a good time.. Im going to be on a float tonight throwin beads for tities, and what ever else I can see, got love this State :D

[ 02-12-2002: Message edited by: JASSMAN ]