Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Huntington, New York (Places to go???) (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/162118-huntington-new-york-places-go.html)

CIG3 06-28-2007 12:22 PM

Huntington, New York (Places to go???)

Heading up to Huntington, New york for the holiday week. Any suggestions on places to check out?????

TSPM 06-28-2007 01:41 PM

Huntington is on the North Shore of LI......Huntington used to be a fun place with COCO's water club.....thats all gone now and the harbor patrol are nasty you know what's. Go across the Sound to CT and visit The Crab Shell in Stamford Harbor or Milford, CT 2 or 3 good places there as well. Heading West on the North Shore hit Louie's or Steam boat Landing. Have a nice scenic Italian dinner on City Island as well. East of Hunting is Port Jefferson......crazy party down...eat at Danford's Marina....great food! Plenty of bars and good eateries too in town (walking distance from the docks at Danford's ....Past Past, Paces, Elk Street Grill to start. All the way East to the end is Greenport / Orient Point where you will find Claudio's...... big HI Perf Boat gathering place for Long Island / CT boaters.....(also good food and live music.

Call us when your here or even stop in........(631) 724-8707

Paul

Panther 06-28-2007 02:58 PM

Coco's is gone, wow!! I remember a long idle to get back there... Lots of sailboats and marina's on the way in.

The sand pit (hole) or whatever the name was a cool hang out!

A few years ago my wife and I went to Norwalk and spent a long weekend at the marina near half calf pasture beach and had an excellent time! Lots of restaurants in SONO.

ActiveFun 06-28-2007 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Panther (Post 2180740)
Coco's is gone, wow!! I remember a long idle to get back there... Lots of sailboats and marina's on the way in.

The sand pit (hole) or whatever the name was a cool hang out!

A few years ago my wife and I went to Norwalk and spent a long weekend at the marina near half calf pasture beach and had an excellent time! Lots of restaurants in SONO.

Its now a steak place called Prime

Stormrider 06-28-2007 03:16 PM

drive east to Greenport. about 1.5-2hrs.
Can shoot south and jump on a Ferry to Fire Island.
45-50min drive to ferry.
Day trips!
Can also train into the city for the day, or even overnight it.

CIG3 06-28-2007 10:36 PM

Thanks.....sounds great

Stormrider 06-29-2007 08:38 AM

if you need anymore details, feel free to PM me.

ThoroughHustler 06-29-2007 09:24 AM

if you dont feel like traveling just go into huntinton village they have like 12 bars with in a half mile radis ........never had a bad time in there