Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Fountains "Cat Killer rumor (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/162174-fountains-cat-killer-rumor.html)

MarkSmith 06-29-2007 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by sellsman11 (Post 2182118)
DUDE......I'm not sure I would admit to having dreams about 3 men!!:evilb: :evilb:

10X is that kind of guy.:eek:

JCPERF 06-29-2007 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by T2x (Post 2182340)
For the record...

Long time boat companies that have not gone bankrupt of all shapes and sizes:

Checkmate
Sonic
Baja
Superboat
Bertram
Sea Ray
Pantera
Spectre
Bayliner
Hatteras
Allison
Phantom
Skater
Etc.......... ad infinitum

Like I said.....silly spin

As far as the Cat Killer.......... Wowwee! I can't wait...This is the greatest thing to hit boat racing since the internal combustion engine. Holy Cow! I can't wait to see photos. I'll bet the rooster tail is a mile long..... I know all the other builders are losing sleep. Even the fish are buying earmuffs to protect them from the roar of them mota's!!!!!

Speed on the water will never be the same..........

There....... is that a sufficiently over the top reaction for what is nothing more than a dealer buying a used race boat? . :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

T2x

:rolleyes:

Ron P 06-29-2007 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby (Post 2182153)
Honestly....did Reggie Fountain steal T2X's bike when he was a kid or something?

Impossible. That hadn't even invented the wheel when T2x was a kid.

sommerfliesby 06-29-2007 05:26 PM

For the record...

Checkmate
Sonic
Baja
Superboat
Bertram
Sea Ray
Pantera
Spectre
Bayliner
Hatteras
Allison
Phantom
Skater

As far as the Cat Killer.......... Wowwee! I can't wait...This is the greatest thing to hit boat racing since the internal combustion engine. Holy Cow! I can't wait to see photos. I'll bet the rooster tail is a mile long..... I know all the other builders are losing sleep. Even the fish are buying earmuffs to protect them from the roar of them mota's!!!!!

There....... is that a sufficiently over the top reaction for what is nothing more than a dealer buying a used race boat? . :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

T2x

Damn dude. You're a ****. A long-winded ****, but a **** nonetheless. Excuse the hell out of us for being minutely excited by the prospect of a unique, purpose-built really FAST boat plying the waterways of our aquatic locale.

Oh yeah...I didn't even need a thesaurus to use the bigger words or nuthin.

Just relax. It will help you to not die.

fountain1fan 06-29-2007 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby (Post 2182153)
Honestly....did Reggie Fountain steal T2X's bike when he was a kid or something? Geez. I assume that the "company across Lake Michigan" is Skater, and if I could afford one you can bet I would. Kind of an apples and oranges comparison...custom vs factory. Either way, both companies tend to "brag" a bit in their advertising...but that's just business, as you said.

I still can't wait to see the boat run.

na t2x COULD not build a boat as fast as a skater.:D so he has sucked up to pete ass and that's the onily boat built NOW .the rest are junk acording to him .. wake up t2x , reggie here to stay and kick ass. to bad you boat co is not still here. because he would kick you ass tooo . :drink:

99fever27 06-29-2007 06:31 PM

For the record...

Checkmate
Sonic
Baja
Superboat
Bertram
Sea Ray
Pantera
Spectre
Bayliner
Hatteras
Allison
Phantom
Skater

T2x

I don't understand what this has to do with the topic of the thread, other than to bash.

bidpro 06-29-2007 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by T2x (Post 2181636)
As far as the "Cat Killer" goes...... who cares?

But the chart below is far more interesting. Anybody know what it is?

It is a very competative business and from what I have seen, extremly tough to turn a consistant profit. I agree with Shoegren, if you drill into these companies, most are struggling for "break even", costs are high, it is a "custom built" hand made product that you can't really infuse too much automation into the MFG process.

I think David Woods, David Callen and others have the right idea, make your real money elsewhere, and go in the boating business as a "romantic investment" because that is what you love to do.

In spite of the chart, I always have to give Reggie credit for what he has accomplished - and in Washington NC of all places.

Gregg Reichman

10x 06-29-2007 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by bidpro (Post 2182506)
It is a very competative business and from what I have seen, extremly tough to turn a consistant profit. I agree with Shoegren, if you drill into these companies, most are struggling for "break even", costs are high, it is a "custom built" hand made product that you can't really infuse too much automation into the MFG process.

I think David Woods, David Callen and others have the right idea, make your real money elsewhere, and go in the boating business as a "romantic investment" because that is what you love to do.

In spite of the chart, I always have to give Reggie credit for what he has accomplished - and in Washington NC of all places.

Gregg Reichman

Wow, one of the very few unbiased, nonderagatory, posts on this thread. I started this thread to ask if anyone will be at Sarasota this weekend. And, if so, look for a boat that resembles the Cat Killer, since I heard it has been sold. And all the board "know it alls" as usual want to bash the Fountain boat manufactor for all they've accomplished.

Ya know, I think I really am starting to feel sorry for some of you guys.:rolleyes just can't stand to see anyone other than themself do something positive for the rest of the performance boating industry.
Maybe from here on, we can keep all our thoughts on a positive note for a change. If anyone wants to start bashing any brand name, start another thread, don't ruin mine.

And, BTW, I really doubt that Reggie would've stolen T2X's bicycle, he's not that kind of guy. But, I would rather think that Reggie was more like tagging his girlfriend or wife.:eek: Now, THAT I would believe.:D

Now, back to the original topic.

99fever27 06-29-2007 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by 10x (Post 2182530)
Maybe from here on, we can keep all our thoughts on a positive note for a change. If anyone wants to start bashing any brand name, start another thread, don't ruin mine.

I agree..its childish at best.

SHARKEY-IMAGES 06-29-2007 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by 10x

Should this rumor (or dream) be true, than that is great news!

As it has been said, another factory boat must be ready to follow it up.

So that will add another one to the boat count therefore more competition in the class of Super Vee.

Or will it be running Superboat Unlimited ? :confused:

Either way, best of luck Mr Shogren! :drink: