Fountains "Cat Killer rumor >

Fountains "Cat Killer rumor

Notices

Fountains "Cat Killer rumor

Old 07-01-2007, 01:59 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hot Duck
Fountain is not the original cat killer. They borrowed that title from Apache! Check out this old video.
Awesome videos - Good Old days! Any chance you have one of Reagan and his Scarab as well? (The record holder from Anchorage to Seattle...)
Old 07-01-2007, 03:07 AM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Hot Duck
Awesome video. Looks like the cat is getting ready to lap the Fountain! Easy guys, I am just stirring the pot to keep the entertainment going. Though you do have to give Fountain credit for their marketing stunts, I do have to point out one thing. Fountain is not the original cat killer. They borrowed that title from Apache! Check out this old video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_6vdTEChas&NR=1 Like I said, just stirring the pot to keep the entertainment going.
All we need to do is add the word "Apache" and the pot will REALLY get stirred.
www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 07-01-2007, 03:13 AM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby
Hey Frank...if you are going to be in the city today, look for the Kool-Aid Man Cig. We'll be launching on the river in a couple hours and running her downtown to hook on Brian's bouy in Monroe.
Mike, just got back from Wesco's shop and have a 46 Cig hooked to my dually. Guess I'll be in it in a few more hours. Got a slip in Diversy for it for the next week. Stop by and go for a ride. New power went in on sat. that's what I was doin.
www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 07-01-2007, 08:14 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Boatlesss
Funny that Mercury, sorry, Brunswick owns four of those companies you have listed. In addition to having a debt equity stake in Fountain.

Sonic had to be bought out out survive.

Superboat and Phantom don't make as many boats per year as there are months in it I believe.

Bertram only survives b/c they were bought out by the Ferretti group.

So that leaves what, 2 of the companies you listed as really strong enough to stand on their own feet. Allison and Skater.

Excuse my ignorance, but I did not know that Checkmate was still in business, they should alert the press. Spectre had to totally divest themselves of their core boats due to insurance companies refusal to write policies for customers.

It's a very rough business and let us not forget the boat company that T2X was a sales manager for.
Checkmate is alive and well and have been for quite some time. The boats are all still hand laid. They don't build the best boats out there buy any means, but still they are alot of boat for the cash. They have been recently bought out which seams to be working out great!
Old 07-01-2007, 08:18 AM
Registered

This thread is turning out to be ridiculous like many of the fountain threads. Reggie must be doing something right to steer up this kind of controversy. He has been building great boats for quite sometime, he has an excellent history in racing. All the haters just need to give credit where credit is due, period. Just for the record I am partial to Cig and I hope to own one in the future.
Old 07-01-2007, 09:04 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

T2X is just jealous that the Fountain Cat killer is more famous than he is!