Fountains "Cat Killer rumor >

Fountains "Cat Killer rumor

Notices

Fountains "Cat Killer rumor

Old 06-30-2007, 11:09 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sellsman11
THE King is in Bermuda with Jim Morrison and Janice Joplin singing "Love Me Tender"!!!!
ARE YOU SURE- I SWEAR I SAW HIM AT THE 7 ELEVEN
Old 06-30-2007, 01:20 PM
The Senior Charter Member #1070
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by T2x
For the record...

As far as the Cat Killer.......... Wowwee! I can't wait...This is the greatest thing to hit boat racing since the internal combustion engine. Holy Cow! I can't wait to see photos. I'll bet the rooster tail is a mile long..... I know all the other builders are losing sleep. Even the fish are buying earmuffs to protect them from the roar of them mota's!!!!!

Speed on the water will never be the same..........

There....... is that a sufficiently over the top reaction for what is nothing more than a dealer buying a used race boat? .

T2x

LMAO
Old 06-30-2007, 01:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by T2x
With all due respect, and your experience and quality dealership has earned at least that:

Many boat companies are just as old (or older), privately and/or publicly held, and equally or more prosperous than "ol' RM's" enterprize. This silly spin about "never having been bankrupt", is just that...spin. You only have to look across Lake Michigan to find a company that is more technologically advanced, more prosperous, in business longer with single ownership, and less self aggrandizing than the topic at hand.

Wall Street could care less about race wins, the condition of other companies, "softness in the market", etc, etc. This is about business. Either you make money for investors, or you don't, and your stock price reflects the faith that the financial community puts in you as a businessman, not as an "icon". Currently the trend is gloomy. I hope for both the investor's and management's sake that a true change in direction, sales penetration, and business planning is in the works. Sadly, simply buying the first 5 pages of Powerboat Magazine and a lot of chest thumping no longer constitutes an "enlightened" marketing effort in the performance marine business.

I wish Shogren and all boating related businesses the best of luck, for without them the future of our hobby is certainly in jeopardy, but, just as offshore racing and Poker Runs need continual self assessment, so too, do our hi performance "legends".

Respectfully

T2x
Hey Rich:

Post your personal financial statement here, then when you throw stones, maybe you would have a tiny bit of credibility.

I am beyond sick you you spewing the obvious in your always negative, always self absorbed posts as if you somehow are going to educate all of the visitors with such profound statements like:

"This is about business. Either you make money for investors, or you don't, and your stock price reflects the faith that the financial community puts in you as a businessman, not as an "icon". Currently the trend is gloomy"

Everyone knows that - Shoegren knows it, I know it, all of my friends who are on here daily know it and probably the majority of the people here know it.

Let us all become aware of the entire littany of grand accomplishments of your Business career (looks like you are a "Vice Predisent" of something from what Google has to say) and then we can all judge your prospective and opinion for the value that it may have, or may not.

Enough is enough - you spend so much time shouting about loving the sport but you are one of the most destructive Guys that contributes in the forum.

Reggie - he races on Stockholder Money - not a ba GIG for someone who eats it, sleeps it, and breathes it. The Guy is possesed with it - more than anyone I have ever met - and I am NOT a Fountain Fan and probably will never Buy one, but you have absolutely got to give this Guy Credit - he makes a V Bottom go 171MPH - pretty impressive no matter what the stock price does.

Gregg Reichman
Old 06-30-2007, 02:08 PM
Registered

THIS ONE TIME...IN BAND CAMP...................
Old 06-30-2007, 03:19 PM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by T2x
For the record...

Long time boat companies that have not gone bankrupt of all shapes and sizes:

Checkmate
Sonic
Baja
Superboat
Bertram
Sea Ray
Pantera
Spectre
Bayliner
Hatteras
Allison
Phantom
Skater
Etc.......... ad infinitum

T2x

Funny that Mercury, sorry, Brunswick owns four of those companies you have listed. In addition to having a debt equity stake in Fountain.

Sonic had to be bought out out survive.

Superboat and Phantom don't make as many boats per year as there are months in it I believe.

Bertram only survives b/c they were bought out by the Ferretti group.

So that leaves what, 2 of the companies you listed as really strong enough to stand on their own feet. Allison and Skater.

Excuse my ignorance, but I did not know that Checkmate was still in business, they should alert the press. Spectre had to totally divest themselves of their core boats due to insurance companies refusal to write policies for customers.

It's a very rough business and let us not forget the boat company that T2X was a sales manager for.
Old 06-30-2007, 08:56 PM
Registered

IT LIVES.

it says Shogren on the side.
it says Rio Roses on the side.
it says "15" with the Eagle and Flag on the beak.
its running BIG Sterlings w/ PSIs
David Knight and Tim Seebold are throttling/driving.
Old 06-30-2007, 09:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by bidpro
The Guy is possesed with it - more than anyone I have ever met - and I am NOT a Fountain Fan and probably will never Buy one, but you have absolutely got to give this Guy Credit - he makes a V Bottom go 171MPH - pretty impressive no matter what the stock price does.

Gregg Reichman
I agree with you 100%. I'm no Fountain, or Reggie fan, but you have to respect what he has done. He doesn't write checks his ass can't cash. I watched the Rio Roses boat run in Marathon last year, and it will flat out haul the mail. The announcers were talking 160+ down the bask straightaway.
Old 06-30-2007, 10:05 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcRbFd9XL_g
Old 06-30-2007, 11:21 PM
Registered

same for me as what Cuda said. Not really a fan, but you gotta respect him for what he does.

I saw Rio on the Pamlico last year. If that isnt hauling a$$ in a Vee, i dont know what is.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nMOhOgWHCZs
Old 07-01-2007, 12:00 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by 99fever27
Awesome video. Looks like the cat is getting ready to lap the Fountain! Easy guys, I am just stirring the pot to keep the entertainment going. Though you do have to give Fountain credit for their marketing stunts, I do have to point out one thing. Fountain is not the original cat killer. They borrowed that title from Apache! Check out this old video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_6vdTEChas&NR=1 Like I said, just stirring the pot to keep the entertainment going.

Quick Reply: Fountains "Cat Killer rumor

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.