If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Generator help

If You Guy's Get Together And Buy At Least Five Or More, We Cane Sell'm At $845-$850 Range. Retail Is $1100
    Let Me Know. Shipping May Outway Savings.

You Can Put Them In The Engine Hatch, But I Highly Recomend Running Your Blower, And Co2 Detectors.
    Sure Makes Alot More Sense Than The $6000 Gens That Are In Some Boats.

Good Thing About The Honda Eu Model Is That You Can Link Them Together And Make More Power.

My Boats:
    43SC Black Thunder
    Richmond Va
    No, I do not run the blower, believe it not, it is louder than the generator. I do crack open the engine hatch at night about 1 foot, it does get a little warm in there closed up. I do have plenty of air vents on my engine compartment.

My Boats:
    31' IMP Viper
    Ft Worth, TX
    Has anyone had any experience with the 1000 Honda? I plan on powering a 5000 btu window unit with it for about 4-5 hours at night.

My Boats:
    Formula 37SS, 2400 Bay Ranger
    Cedar Rapids Iowa, LOTO, Cape Coral Fl.
    Quote Originally Posted by excursion View Post
    I have the solution, has been in my engine compartment for two years without a problem. Have TWO carbon manoxide detectors in the cabin and has about 50 hours on the Honda.
    If you want the specs pm me.
    It powers my 10k A/C and battery charger.
    Recently, our new dock and lift was installed, but it took a few weeks to get the electricity connected. In that time I used my Honda to raise the lift. While I was not using the generator, I stored it under the bow cushions (Envision 32 Intruder), or, under the engine hatch (I just kept it under the hatch for more secure storage-I never started the engine with it under there).

I was really suprised at the amount of gas fumes that I could smell whenever I opened either compartment after the generator had been in there. Don't get me wrong, I would be all for a more permanent mount for it, but I would be afraid of the "big boom" storing it under the hatch. I also don't believe that any insurance company would be overly impressed.

Your answer to the exhast is the best that I have seen, though.

S.O.B (single O/B) now Platinum Member t500hps's Avatar
    Richmond VA
    Quote Originally Posted by txwatergypsy View Post
    Has anyone had any experience with the 1000 Honda? I plan on powering a 5000 btu window unit with it for about 4-5 hours at night.
    Haven't used the 1000, I have the 2000. If it will run the A/C it will be stressed doing so. The 2000's barely get the 10K BTU units started. (Compressor kicking in really draws some amps)

My Boats:
    Baja 442
    I seriously doubt you will be able to get that a/c unit started with a Eu1000. They are comparable to a average size home refrigerator and it won't run it.

Ginger or Mary Ann? Charter Member US1 Fountain's Avatar
    Lafayette, IN
    My Mermaid 6500Btu unit manual says it will run off the Honda 1000 gen.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123