Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Do you leave your boat on a lift? >

Do you leave your boat on a lift?

Notices

Do you leave your boat on a lift?

Old 07-01-2007, 08:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do you leave your boat on a lift?

I am in the market for a 35-38' boat. My question is do yo guys leave your boat on a lift, at your camp or home, when you are away.

For instance, if you have a camp with a slip and a lift, do you leave the boat on the lift during the week while you are at your home, or do you trailer it until the weekend. I would be afraid to leave it on a lift when i am not in the same city as the boat. I have been reading some of the horror stories of boats being gutted or stolen..

Is there some kind of alarm you can install on the boat shed or lift for when you are gone?
Old 07-01-2007, 09:02 PM
Registered

i leave my 37 outerlimits on a lift in the back of my house whenever i'm not using it. i do however take it out for the winter and store it on my trailer.
Old 07-01-2007, 09:28 PM
Registered

I wouldn't be afraid to leave it on a lift at my house as long as i slept there every night. I would be afraid to leave it at a second home that i would only frequent every weekend
Old 07-01-2007, 11:01 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine is on a lift at a Marina some one is there everyday don't really worry about it,but its also a great area.Was funny today the only way I could get the transom clean was to go for a swim got some looks from some people
Old 07-02-2007, 06:05 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

On a lift in a marina.
Old 07-02-2007, 06:18 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Mackattack
I am in the market for a 35-38' boat. My question is do yo guys leave your boat on a lift, at your camp or home, when you are away.

For instance, if you have a camp with a slip and a lift, do you leave the boat on the lift during the week while you are at your home, or do you trailer it until the weekend. I would be afraid to leave it on a lift when i am not in the same city as the boat. I have been reading some of the horror stories of boats being gutted or stolen..

Is there some kind of alarm you can install on the boat shed or lift for when you are gone?
http://seakeyna.com/index.html

I keep my boat on a lift behind my house and will be putting this system on the boat I will ordering soon.
Old 07-02-2007, 07:16 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Everyone I know that own's a camp on the water keeps their boats on lifts there year round. My parents have kept the last 5 boats on a lift at their 2nd home without one problem. If there was room I'd install another lift so mine could stay on the water too, the convenience outweighs the risk ten fold imo.
Old 07-02-2007, 07:33 AM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Mine stays on the lift during the summer. I figure if someone wants it that bad, that is what insurance is for.
Old 07-02-2007, 07:54 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by baywatch
Mine stays on the lift during the summer. I figure if someone wants it that bad, that is what insurance is for.
Ditto! I can't image having a lift and trailering it home after the weekend. We bought the lift to make life easier.
Old 07-02-2007, 08:06 AM
Registered

On the lift at home 365 days a year for the past 16 years.

Quick Reply: Do you leave your boat on a lift?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.