Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   New 37 Active Thunder 700 N.x.t (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/162364-new-37-active-thunder-700-n-x-t.html)

blaniac 07-01-2007 11:35 PM

"INCREDIBLE" does not begin to describe how nice this AT came out !!

Just wondering why so quiet on the numbers ?!? :confused:

Sydwayz 07-02-2007 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by JCPERF (Post 2184203)
What happened to Georges Chief[I mean Active thunder]?:evilb:

Sold. :D

Originally Posted by blaniac (Post 2184232)
Just wondering why so quiet on the numbers ?!? :confused:

Engines are still in the break in period. :evilb:

Indy 07-02-2007 07:00 AM

Outstanding...Whatever the numbers are, it would be fine for me :D

dreamboater 07-02-2007 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by Sydwayz (Post 2184269)
Sold. :D

Engines are still in the break in period. :evilb:

Come on. Break in period??

cosmic12 07-02-2007 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by Indy (Post 2184310)
Outstanding...Whatever the numbers are, it would be fine for me :D

Well its about time. I have been waiting for this post for awhile. I understand that this is a performance boat site But why is the speed ALLWAYS the first question? Why can't it be about the fit and finish,cabin space,cockpit space,freeboard,handleing,storage space,dockmanners,layup,ect. I meen its got 700s in it what difference does it make if it does 99 or 105 0r 102 or whatever? It is a floating condo that will run around 75 allday through just about anything the water can through at it in comfert and style without beating the tar out of the motors. I guess my question is, what is the over all package and what would I be getting for all the money that is being spent and lets face it there will be alot of it. There are other builders out there that claim big speeds in 35 to 42 ft boats for about the same money BUT what are you really getting over all? Well thats my rant ,I am just glad to see someone else sees it, so let the slamming begin:D

dreamboater 07-02-2007 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by cosmic12 (Post 2184347)
Well its about time. I have been waiting for this post for awhile. I understand that this is a performance boat site But why is the speed ALLWAYS the first question? Why can't it be about the fit and finish,cabin space,cockpit space,freeboard,handleing,storage space,dockmanners,layup,ect. I meen its got 700s in it what difference does it make if it does 99 or 105 0r 102 or whatever? It is a floating condo that will run around 75 allday through just about anything the water can through at it in comfert and style without beating the tar out of the motors. I guess my question is, what is the over all package and what would I be getting for all the money that is being spent and lets face it there will be alot of it. There are other builders out there that claim big speeds in 35 to 42 ft boats for about the same money BUT what are you really getting over all? Well thats my rant ,I am just glad to see someone else sees it, so let the slamming begin:D

I guess everyone has their own reason for buying a particular boat. Some like a nice cabin, AC, Gen, ect. Others buy a boat for performance reasons. Active Thunder seems to have created a best of both worlds. I was just curious about the performance numbers.

ActiveThunder 07-02-2007 07:50 AM

On this boat we don't know that answer yet. We didn't wring the 6-bladders out in A/C as we had wanted. However I will say it was on rails in the mid-90s as expected with the extra blade.

It's going to run triple-digits if that is the question.

AIR TIME 07-02-2007 08:46 AM

cool nice I saw steves 33AT this weekend wicked nice boat:D paint in and out side cool. art

Pro1 07-02-2007 08:48 AM

Beautiful Boat! Best of Luck!!

Panther 07-02-2007 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by monstaaa (Post 2183930)
georgeus spaceious cabin, with a/c.

It's hard to tell from the picture but is the headliner glue-up carpet or Vinyl?