Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   New 37 Active Thunder 700 N.x.t (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/162364-new-37-active-thunder-700-n-x-t.html)

Sydwayz 07-02-2007 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by Panther (Post 2184479)
It's hard to tell from the picture but is the headliner glue-up carpet or Vinyl?

That boat is vinyl, but the headliner is whatever you want it to be. Its a custom boat. :D If you want pink ostrich and albino leopard skin, just say the word.

Panther 07-02-2007 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Sydwayz (Post 2184492)
That boat is vinyl, but the headliner is whatever you want it to be. Its a custom boat. :D If you want pink ostrich and albino leopard skin, just say the word.

There's no doubt I'd rather buy a custom boat than a production boat any day of the week. I don't even care if it's faster/slower! :cool:

Fenderjack 07-02-2007 09:58 AM

Beautiful boat. I love it...
John

t500hps 07-02-2007 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Sydwayz (Post 2184492)

Oh Yeah!!! Can I get a quote on that! :drink: :D

Sydwayz 07-02-2007 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by t500hps (Post 2184543)
Oh Yeah!!! Can I get a quote on that! :drink: :D

I talked to your wife. She said you can't afford it. :evilb:

blaniac 07-02-2007 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by dreamboater (Post 2184357)
I guess everyone has their own reason for buying a particular boat. Some like a nice cabin, AC, Gen, ect. Others buy a boat for performance reasons. Active Thunder seems to have created a best of both worlds. I was just curious about the performance numbers.

In addition and hypothetically speaking, if everything else was equal in comparing two or more boats for purchase consideration, top speed may be the deciding factor. There are certainly MANY other things that should and need to be considered, but as guys go, we all like to have a fast boat and hate it when our buddies boat is faster. Personally, I think value, handling and customer service after the sale are more important than the top number, as the top number can always be manipulated with prop & gear, but will usually suffer in day to day functionality in relation to customary boating habits.

ktron 07-02-2007 10:55 AM

Beautiful boat!!! The colors are really cool and different. I am just wondering why they are not running the big #6 style props? I would think it would make the boat handle even better. Just a thought. Like I said beautiful boat!

DK

Sydwayz 07-02-2007 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by ktron (Post 2184665)
Beautiful boat!!! The colors are really cool and different. I am just wondering why they are not running the big #6 style props? I would think it would make the boat handle even better. Just a thought. Like I said beautiful boat!

DK

First props on the boat, and George is still dialing it in. He'll get some sweet numbers out of it.

ActiveThunder 07-02-2007 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by ktron (Post 2184665)

DK

We tested a set Merc. Hi-Perf made for us. Better top-end speeds, no doubt, however much longer time to plane off as you would expect. Also you just don't feel as 'connected'. You have to drive the boat a little more.

The easiest, most user friendly props were the Maximus but they ran slower. None the less it is the prop of choice for over all. You can run mid 90s all day long and hardly have to do a thing but pay attention.

Although pricey, these 6-blades are expected to meet somewhere in the middle. We've been working with Julie at T/U to see if these are the ticket for the NXT drives.

cosmic12 07-02-2007 01:25 PM

So how much HP is lost to those mufflers?:evilb: