If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Layton, Utah
    Steve Z,
    Thanks for the info. I may talk to my buddy about the lower. At his speeds it may indeed help.
    We had pressure issues at first as well.
    In that motor I run a 5/8" restrictor in thermo location, the Merc pressure relief valve along with the two 1/4 rear bleeds off the back of the manifold. Pressure stays dead on 25lbs when running. I also run the R-Tech IC off of this with 5/8" hose as well so there's plenty of water available with the LWP

Note: have you seen the prices of that plastic relief valve lately

My Boats:
    2001 Nordic 28' Heat EBM 575sci
    Nashvegas, TN
    Quote Originally Posted by Young Performance View Post
    You said you drove the boat in the low 70's, so why did everyone have a hard time believing me when I said it ran 72? Is this an unusally high speed for a 28 with a 496HO?. Nate is going to need a little seat time before he stands on it. I believe this is their first performance boat. What better way to get into high performance boating than a 28 with 950 hp

This boat has a Max Machine bravo. Don't know how well it will hold up, but I will keep you posted.

Accurate numbers are exactly what I was looking for. Untrue and unrealistic numbers don't do me any good. I appreciate the time that you guys have spent helping me.
    Thanks, Eddie.
    I never drove Nate's boat with the 496, so can't help you there. I drove it with the Tyler Crockett motor once.
    Another friend here with a 2002 Heat/496HO (no CMIs) is GPSing mid 60s. Are the headers worth 7MPH?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456