Tyler Crockett 454/502 Engine Kit

Notices

Tyler Crockett 454/502 Engine Kit

Old 07-24-2007, 09:51 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looking good now.

Last edited by THEJOKER; 07-25-2007 at 08:25 AM.
Old 07-24-2007, 02:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry Guy's I forgot about my post.....Well here is the whole deal.
- One on of my best friends Rob Schooping owns HTG Racing on Grand Island NY did all of the Motor and Head work along with assembly, Etc. During the whole project he/we worked with Tyler who was Great!!!
- We put everything in Tyler does and some parts came right from Tyler such as Cams, ECM's, Etc.
- I am now trying to dial the props in becasue yes their is a big difference. I was running labbed 26's 5,150rpms @ 78.1mph, now same props on the rev. limiters 5,500 @ 80.1mph
so I ran bone stock 28's 4,600 @ 79.8mph so they will be getting labbed.
Old 07-24-2007, 04:10 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 29KILROY
Sorry Guy's I forgot about my post.....Well here is the whole deal.
- One on of my best friends Rob Schooping owns HTG Racing on Grand Island NY did all of the Motor and Head work along with assembly, Etc. During the whole project he/we worked with Tyler who was Great!!!
- We put everything in Tyler does and some parts came right from Tyler such as Cams, ECM's, Etc.
- I am now trying to dial the props in becasue yes their is a big difference. I was running labbed 26's 5,150rpms @ 78.1mph, now same props on the rev. limiters 5,500 @ 80.1mph
so I ran bone stock 28's 4,600 @ 79.8mph so they will be getting labbed.

I heard you were out last weekend, it was also nice to see Jim back in
Old 07-24-2007, 04:36 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

have a 496 from tyler. dynoed at 580 hp. Runs great with about 80 hours on her now. No issuse except the prop thing cant find what Im looking for. Get allot of mid range cavataion.
Old 07-25-2007, 06:16 AM
Registered

Hey Sam I was only down for about two weeks but yes Jim is back in action! When are you going to buy something????

Jboat I hear yeah on the prop thing but having more power to get dial in is a good thing!!! One thing I am trying to do is get rid of some of my fuel, I have a full tank of 155 gallons
Old 07-25-2007, 06:43 AM
Michigan Mad Man
Racer

Originally Posted by Gary864
Good guy knows his stuff. Just get in writing the date of completion and costs up from ( as you would with anything else) and you be fine. He will dyno the motors also which with usually prevent any issues once the motors are in the boat.
The only thing I ask is when you blow your stuff up in August 06 don't bring me the deposit the end of March 07 to fix it. It is not fair to the customers that already paid to get going on their project. You get in line in the order you pay just like everywere else. I am not being a ***** here but there are 3 people working in my shop including myself and I do most of the machine work and do all the dyno and computer programing and take 50 to 75 phone calls a day plus order all the parts for the jobs. Yea I know your next question why don't I hire someone to answer my Phone Because everyone wants to talk to me. The only people that usually complain are the ones that have no clue what it takes to pull a engine out of a boat , build it and put it back in and have it right in a timelly fashion. Well I have to go to work to put my 16 hour day in. Tyler
Old 07-25-2007, 07:41 AM
Registered

Well put Tyler and again thanks for all of your help!!!
Old 07-25-2007, 11:34 AM
Registered

[QUOTE=TylerCrockett;2210797]The only thing I ask is when you blow your stuff up in August 06 don't bring me the deposit the end of March 07 to fix it. It is not fair to the customers that already paid to get going on their project. You get in line in the order you pay just like everywere else. I am not being a ***** here but there are 3 people working in my shop including myself and I do most of the machine work and do all the dyno and computer programing and take 50 to 75 phone calls a day plus order all the parts for the jobs. Yea I know your next question why don't I hire someone to answer my Phone Because everyone wants to talk to me. The only people that usually complain are the ones that have no clue what it takes to pull a engine out of a boat , build it and put it back in and have it right in a timelly fashion. Well I have to go to work to put my 16 hour day in. Tyler[/QUO

Mr Crockette I was not bashing you in any way. So Cool you jets. I responded to this thread just as someone else had in another thread that day. I never pushed you to get my boat done as I knew how the getting in line thing goes. I have always said you do great work so I am not sure why your ticked here. I have spent many hours over the years at your shop so I know how your shop works. In fact I would rather you keep it the way you have it as the guys you have do great work. And for the record if you only put in 16 hours the day of your post it was a short day for you, I have seen you work around the clock many times to get someones boat completed.
Old 07-31-2007, 09:11 AM
Registered

Okay another update. My 28's are on there way to Brett @ BBlades for some major Labbing. He is going to try and get me from 4,600rpm to 5,000-5,100!!!!!!
Old 07-31-2007, 11:48 AM
Registered

cool brett does nice work, I need to ask tyler about installing a injection set up on my 509, instead of going back to a 1050 dom. if you get a little more power than the carb and whats the cost a nickerson carb is about 1400 when your done with shipping. whats injection about?? should I just call and ask?? art

Quick Reply: Tyler Crockett 454/502 Engine Kit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.