Notices

50' Mystic Video Footage

Old 07-03-2007, 11:25 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KiloKat
Two entirely different boats Ron. The new "50 " is huge compared to the MTI when sitting behind the wheel but the weights are about equal due to Mystic's advanced lamination schedule implemented by John Cosker and his crew. Their attention to detail is absolutely amazing.
With regards to your other question, I can tell you that it was quite the shock inside of the cockpit when a faulty hatch hinge failed during Saturday testing. During a left hand turn at 100+ in rough conditions, the front of the escape hatch dopped down and caught a wave which then acted like a scoop until it was completely ripped off with a very loud and almost explosive bang. U can't imagine the pressure of that saltwater being scooped up and directed in your face at 100+. Neither JT or myself could see a thing for a few seconds. During this time I thought I had hit something/somebody and was sinking. While turning my head to the right (to avoid the wall of water), I saw the beach and turned in that direction to run us ashore. However, since Johnny had pulled off the throttles, the boat settled and it was only then that we both looked in astonishment at the gapping hole between our feet. Realized that we weren't sinking and then proceeded to the crane area while continuing to take shots in our faces with each wave.
John Cosker and his crew then worked with my guys until 3:30am to replace the hatch so we could debut the new Mystic in Sunday's race. Couldn't be happier with the boat. It is absolutely amazing. Can't thank Mystic Powerrboats & TNT Custom Rigging enough !!

Hopefully that won't happen again. Good luck with the new ride, can't wait to see it at the next race.
Old 07-03-2007, 11:38 AM
Registered

BEE-A-UT-IF-OOL... can't wait to see that!
Old 07-03-2007, 01:19 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Absolutely Incredible. Nice showing on Sunday.
Old 07-03-2007, 04:18 PM
Banned

All I can say is WOW! I've always said I'd never ride in a cat, because I don't like the way most of them will ride from sponson to sponson in rough water, but I didn't see a hint of that in the video. Cool as hell!
Old 07-03-2007, 04:55 PM
KiloKat
VIP Member

Originally Posted by marylandmark
If so inclined send keys to the boat, if not free beer and a few Bud Girls works as well, if not then just send beer...
What's wrong with all three ???? Either way, thanks for drinking Budweiser Select and always remember, every bottle is a drop of gas so please drink up !!!
Old 07-03-2007, 05:01 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

And here's your virtual Bud Select Girls.

Enjoy
Attached Thumbnails 50' Mystic Video Footage-bud-girl1.jpg   50' Mystic Video Footage-bud-girl2.jpg   50' Mystic Video Footage-bud-girls.jpg  

Old 07-03-2007, 06:44 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

The video is very cool. You must have been doing 100 MPH!!!
Old 07-03-2007, 06:47 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Thumbs up

Thanks for the links Dave!

You're linked up!

Sharkey Video Links

Best of luck with the new boat!

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 07-03-2007, 06:54 PM
Registered

Gorgeous lines! Should be awesome to see up close
Old 07-04-2007, 01:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by KiloKat
What's wrong with all three ???? Either way, thanks for drinking Budweiser Select and always remember, every bottle is a drop of gas so please drink up !!!
At my age, I'm better off with the beer.

Quick Reply: 50' Mystic Video Footage

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.