If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    Platinum Member Platinum Member Here's Johnny's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Sonic 358 Diablo
    Manhasset, NY

Will the gas go bad ??

I have a question for you guys about the new E10 gas going bad........I have been going out once or twice a week so far with the new boat this summer......My boat has 2 100 gallon tanks.........each time I go out I burn anywhere from 50 to 100 gallons of gas..........then I top off the tanks. The question is will I have a problem with my gas going bad since I do not run the tanks empty.....or is it a safe procedure because the gas is being mixed while running the boat........or is it better to run them empty then top them off with fresh gas.......

My Boats:
    28' Sleekcraft, Enforcer
    Orlando, Florida

Problem solved..

Keeps fuel for 12 months..

Charter Member #927 Charter Member Payton's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1991 34' Super Hawaii
    I was just told, it goes bad first in the carb. Larger volumes of gas don't go bad as fast.This was reguarding a new 4-wheeler. I don't see where a boat would be any different.
    He said if I thought there was any chance I was going to let it sit for more than 2 weeks, shut off the gas and drain or run the carb empty.

coolrunning racing VIP Member mrv8outboard's Avatar
    My Boats:
    built myself 1994
    cape cod
    that "sta bil" will not work with e10. only put in the amount of gas you will use in three to five weeks. use it up the replenish. make sure your tanks are empty for the winter. "star tron" helps and "golden eagle" is releasing a new product to help e10 soon. check out the article in "professional boat builder" about the freshman year with e10.

My Boats:
    2005 288 SUNSATION
    This new ethanol crap is the worst, I have always used sta-bil and never had a problem with anything. now with this crap, My pressure washer, lawn mower and snow blower all surge, cut out and run like SH!T, even with sta-bil.. I now run everything down as low as possible and it still acts up..