Notices

Boston Whaler

Old 07-05-2007, 07:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boston Whaler

Was out looking for another boat today - just what I need. Went out in several Whalers, 24 and 27 feet. Anyone know about these boats? What prices should I expect to pay? The 24' had a single 275 Merc, while the 27 boasted two 225 Mercs. Any ideas?
Old 07-05-2007, 07:48 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They are pricey, that's for sure. They have a very long history and are probably some of the best built boats out there for their market and have been for a very long time. A 240 Outrage could be anywhere between 70k and 80k depending on engine and electronics. A 270 with smaller twins runs about 110k or so. These are the prices I was quoted when I was thinking about fishing boats.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:02 AM
Registered

I disagree. I have a 19 Nantucket and the quality of the boat really surprised me. Everything on the boat has been well thought out and designed for usage. The resale value of the boats are one of the best. Not very fast but a very fun boat. My 19 with a 135 Opti runs at 42.8 mph on GPS. The boats are simple and easy with alot of room. I use my Whaler more than I do the 29 Extreme. Clean-up is a fraction of the time and it floats in 12" of water. I would buy another one in a heart beat. Dave
Attached Thumbnails Boston Whaler-misc.-pics-045.jpg  

Last edited by Wardey; 07-06-2007 at 10:10 AM.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:27 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by marylandmark
They are very solid and very well built boats, however 15 years from now it will still be a 15 year old boat. That being said, IMHO they are not worth the $$$.
It will be a 15 year old boat, but it will be worth a LOT more than comparable 15 year old boats.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:29 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

They are fantastically built boats, but i didn't like the layout in the 27. Maybe its changed since 2001 when i test drove one, but ended up going with a 2900 century cc, much more useable space. One thing in particular i didn't like about the whaler was the space between the gunnel and the center console was too narrow.

Quality wise though, you can't go wrong. My sister has a montauk that she loves.
Old 07-06-2007, 12:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by marylandmark
Ah- CC's with outboards are the best- I would use it more than your Awesome as well!!

Of course it will be worth a lot more than comparable 15 year old boats- twice as much, however part of that is because you paid 3 times as much to start with....

I like the 32 Outrage w/V300's- very nice!
Nope....bought it used, '05 with 42 hours at below the book price. Can sell it today for more than I paid for it. Dave
Old 07-06-2007, 08:27 PM
Registered

Any ideas on where to purchase used Whalers? Looking at the Outrages. Was just quoted slightly under $100,000 for the 24' and $118,000 for the the 27'. Are there any other center consoles that I should be looking at?
Old 07-06-2007, 11:17 PM
Registered

Plenty of Whalers in the Great Lakes area. They are pricey but well built boats. They used to advertise a boat cut into 1/3rds and it all was still floating!
Old 07-07-2007, 05:59 AM
Registered

my brother-in-law was a long-time clammer years ago on long island and always had a whaler----as said, probably the most dependable and sturdy around but as for looks and all----well, u know----when we were looking for boats i mentioned a boston whaler and my wife thought i was out of my mind if i thought she was going to chill and cruise around in that thing!!!!---lololol ----so we opted for the checkmate and ive never been happier....funny story on that old 12' whaler or whatever he had years ago---it had basic cable steering with a small outboard and the cbles froze in the winter one time----so he replaced them.....well, he screwed it up cuz when you turned right the boat went left and so on-----and being the way he is, he left it like that til one time he had a few too many beers and his buddy brought them into dock banging into everything in sight with the backwards azz steering system....dumbazzzess.....
Old 07-07-2007, 10:14 AM
Registered

had one for maney years . now i have a scout. love it . lighter faster and stronger than a whaler . and not as high $$$$$money

Quick Reply: Boston Whaler

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.