Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Spectre Vs Motion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/162708-spectre-vs-motion.html)

Maritime_Eng 07-06-2007 08:14 AM

Spectre Vs Motion

Hello All-

So this weekend I am going to look at a couple 30' Spectre's and one 30' Motion. From the reseach I have done on OSO and other sites it seems like they are very similar.

Comparing Apples to Apples what one would you rather have?
All between 2000 and 2002. All have 300's. All have about that same equipment on them. What one would you rather drive?

thanks for all the help!
Don

Ryan Beckley 07-06-2007 09:31 AM

Spectre.......

lowblue320 07-06-2007 09:37 AM

never been in a 30 Motion but have a friend thats had many (twins/tripples) and hes been on my boat and what he sais is that you cant compare, the spectre rides much better specialy in the ruff......also docked next to one before....the Spectre looks much better and bigger in the water... I would have to see what condition the hulls are in and hours on motors and PRICE thats gonna help you out ......

Maritime_Eng 07-06-2007 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by marylandmark (Post 2188856)
Which has the best paint? :D

LOL! The spectre's have the better paint. One of the motions is all white, the other is purple and yellow.

Maritime_Eng 07-06-2007 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by Ryan Beckley (Post 2188862)
Spectre.......

Ryan I know you have a lot of expecrience in Outboard cat's so, is there that big of difference?

lowblue320 07-06-2007 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by dgduck13 (Post 2188884)
Ryan I know you have a lot of expecrience in Outboard cat's so, is there that big of difference?

as a matter fact Ryan would know he raced mine with Wylie when it raced.

Ryan Beckley 07-06-2007 10:29 AM

The Spectre is a better pleasure boat....more amenties, better lay out, better construction.

Maritime_Eng 07-06-2007 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Ryan Beckley (Post 2188944)
The Spectre is a better pleasure boat....more amenties, better lay out, better construction.

Thanks for the info!

LubeJobs42 07-06-2007 06:40 PM

I have owned both and have been in several of each. Every Spectre I have been in Porpoised like crazy. From the time you plane off to 100. Sometimes you can't get them to stop porposing. If you have a good chop it's better. You have no choice but to have a giant tunnel tab. The spectre also tend to sneeze over the bow quite a bit and spray in your face espically at slower speeds. I kept mine about 3 months and absolutly hated it. The Motion on the other hand, never porposied. I think the ride was more solid. It didn't have the "hollow sound" when landing off of a big wave. The spectre always sounted like it was going to fall apart. I would hands down recommend the Motion.

Maritime_Eng 07-06-2007 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42 (Post 2189374)
I have owned both and have been in several of each. Every Spectre I have been in Porpoised like crazy. From the time you plane off to 100. Sometimes you can't get them to stop porposing. If you have a good chop it's better. You have no choice but to have a giant tunnel tab. The spectre also tend to sneeze over the bow quite a bit and spray in your face espically at slower speeds. I kept mine about 3 months and absolutly hated it. The Motion on the other hand, never porposied. I think the ride was more solid. It didn't have the "hollow sound" when landing off of a big wave. The spectre always sounted like it was going to fall apart. I would hands down recommend the Motion.

Hmmmmm..... Now I am really confused! Anyone else have any comments?