If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Thread: swinging steps

My Boats:

swinging steps

My wife is sick of jumping up on the deck to toss /retrieve the anchor. Going through the hatch isn't really an option.

I've seen some boats with a single step, that swings outta the way accross the cuddy entrance, and then locks in place to step up on the deck. I've searched all over the net with no luck, all I've found is some single foot steps that fold up. the One I'm talking about is more like a bar that swings across the cudd door entrace with a step on it.

I love watching her toss / retrieve the anchor, so I need to find a solution!

Anyone know what I'm talking about, or where I can find one?

My Boats:
    377 Scarab
    Lake Oswego OR
    i'll bet it's similar to or the same as the item that is used on the swim platforms, maybe with a modified bracket. i'm facing the same challenge also but i'm going to just put a small foldable step mounted on my dash console( to the right of my cabin door) then i'm going to put a handrail from the peak of my windshield to a lower point on my dash. saw this on a boat at a boat show this past winter and it seemed like a pretty workable solution.we don't want the girls hurting themselves. good luck - jeff