Notices

Info on Norfolk revisited

Old 07-09-2007, 09:58 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Info on Norfolk revisited

We would like to take this oppertunity to thank everyone we have met on our stay in Norfolk this weekend. Special thanks go out to Macklin and Diane. If it was not for they're generoisty and their offer to go riding in "SUDDEN THUNDER" our last visit with our son before deployment would have been much different. Words cannot express how we feel but we are fortunate to have meet some new friends and good people in Norfolk. Our son spoke of this many times on how he was amazed that some people would do such things. He and his girlfriend had a fantastic time and was the talk of the ship.The boating community is close. He thanks you all for the memories and bringing a peice of what we do at home. We Boat on the Tickfaw River in La. every weekend. Thanks again and we know your prayers will be with him.
Macklin, we expect to see you two at our place whenever you can. You will not regret it. Send us your mailing address so we can send you a care package from south Louisiana. Don't worry,no live animals. Go to thepropstop.com and you can see pics of us. I know that they are on there on June 17 or 18th.
Bye good friends,
Lea and Kenny Barkley
Old 07-09-2007, 11:13 AM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It was nice meeting you all. Hope everyone had a good time!

I an interested in trailering the TG down during the winter. . . . . . .

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron
Old 07-09-2007, 11:15 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Well thanks dude! It was our pleasure meeting you and your nice family. We truely enjoyed it. I have to say, we could not have ordered up better weather for our smooth ride across the Bay.

And how cool was it to see the Enterprise heading out to sea on her deployment. If I had not stopped for gas we would have had to cross her wake!

We will have to take you up on your offer and come down for a visit. Would be nice to do some boating in the middle of winter.

Keep in touch buddy!
Old 07-09-2007, 03:15 PM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

I was on the other sand bar entertaining a b-day party of girls, sorry i missed ya. Too deep and too far a swim for me...

I'm also a retired 24 year Navy vet (aviation) and know exactly what the feeling is on deplyment weekend.

Best of luck to your son. I have another buddy on the Cruiser Thomas Williams (CWO4) who deployed today as well AND a 33 Donzi ZX owner and fellow HRPA member. We see a lot of deploying around here.

Glad you enjoyed your stay. Make sure if Bill trailers down he has ready access to the water hose and bucket of soap...
Old 07-09-2007, 03:53 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Nice meeting you Kenny and Lea. Hope your son and his girl stay safe and sound. Sorry we couldn't stay around too long, after 5 days out on the water we were ready to hit the next marina and some showers.

Russ + Faith + 3 boys (red 38 Formula)
Old 07-10-2007, 06:50 AM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Reckless32
Make sure if Bill trailers down he has ready access to the water hose and bucket of soap...
Now that is dead on!

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron
Old 07-10-2007, 07:32 PM
Registered

Well we made it in around 1:00 today. Long trip and things starting to wear heavy on momma's mind. I cannot remember who of the group of people "thanked" our son and girlfriend for what they do, so we can enjoy what we do,but it hits home. So THANK YOU. Cory said when he hears this it always makes him feel strange and feels he does'nt do anything special. I tell him to be proud.
Bill and Russ we thank you for your hospitality and enjoyed talking with you. Get with Macklin at some time for I will be sending him a few cd's of pics and I belive I have a DVD of one of our wet t contests. The last big party of the summer will be the weekend of halloween. Thats the all night costume party that we do by boat. That weekend most of the boat only river bars close for the season. Then you have to resort to boating to "car access" bars/resturants. Just not the same.too many amateur's. So give us a shout....any of you and we would be glad to host you all in our home and go ride in the black baja.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:21 AM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Originally Posted by team Tickfaw
I cannot remember who of the group of people "thanked" our son and girlfriend for what they do, so we can enjoy what we do,but it hits home.
That was me.

The brave folks that serve and protect our freedoms never seem to get the thanks they deserve. Therefore, I like to personally "thank" those that serve. I certainly appreciate what they do for this country.

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron