Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Boat Club Forums Gone (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/162955-boat-club-forums-gone.html)

Ms PatriYacht 07-09-2007 11:05 AM

Boat Club Forums Gone

You know I am a big fan of OSO so I hate to say anything negative, but I am very disappointed that the whole club forum section is gone. While every club forum is not active many are, Chicago, Ft. Meyer, E Dock, and SBRT to name a few. Heck there are manufacturer forums on the board that are hardly used or even build boats anymore (Chief) and they still have an open forums.

I also think it is a good way for OSO to attract new members, at club events people talk about the boating web sites and by having a forum for the club non OSO members will be prone to check us out to see what fellow club members are talking about. It also works in reverse since I know many OSO members have found out about their local clubs through OSO. That's how we found out about Chicago, Ft Meyers, and LEOPA (Lake Erie)

I know you will say the regional sections will take care of the clubs, but they are to large of an area and your club's stuff will get diluted. I really hope you reconsider this. PLEASE:D

klaw 07-09-2007 11:17 AM

Total agreement
Was much easier to find club info and was surprised to see it gone

Ms PatriYacht 07-09-2007 11:22 AM

Wow that was quick, the most active clubs are back up again. I guess this should be a lesson use it or loose it, your club forums that is:D . Thanks OSO we appreciate it! I will leave the thread up this way it will make the point to visit your club forums if you want to keep them here. Also encourage your club members to visit OSO and if they like it join. Thanks Donna

KSFLYER1 07-09-2007 12:56 PM

I check in with the CPC everyday!! KS

kennyo 07-09-2007 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht (Post 2191368)
You know I am a big fan of OSO so I hate to say anything negative, but I am very disappointed that the whole club forum section is gone. While every club forum is not active many are, Chicago, Ft. Meyer, E Dock, and SBRT to name a few. Heck there are manufacturer forums on the board that are hardly used or even build boats anymore (Chief) and they still have an open forums.

I also think it is a good way for OSO to attract new members, at club events people talk about the boating web sites and by having a forum for the club non OSO members will be prone to check us out to see what fellow club members are talking about. It also works in reverse since I know many OSO members have found out about their local clubs through OSO. That's how we found out about Chicago, Ft Meyers, and LEOPA (Lake Erie)

I know you will say the regional sections will take care of the clubs, but they are to large of an area and your club's stuff will get diluted. I really hope you reconsider this. PLEASE:D

DITTO

Bobthebuilder 07-09-2007 02:44 PM

Donna, you are absolutely right. ( again ! LOL ) I do not like the new settup. It is a big step backwards in my opinion. We have just lost a lot of visibility. To go to Ft Myers Offshore, a person needs to click on Boat Clubs first. Our Club has way more activity than a lot of headings on the front page and we just dissapeared ! ( well, almost) :mad:
Can we fix this, please?:D
Bob

Ms PatriYacht 07-09-2007 02:49 PM

you're right Bob, I just realized that the club names are not listed individualy like they were before. I am not sure if you knew this but earlier today ALL clubs were totaly gone and the threads were put into the regional forums, funny thing is FL was not even listed as a region.

I am sure they will realize this and hopefully fix it. Of course an email or a call to the OSO office could not hurt either:D . So post and vote if you like it the old way. I know I am getting old cause I have come to hate change. So Steve I really think you should consult me before making any more sweeping changes:D :D

Ms PatriYacht 07-09-2007 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder (Post 2191701)
Donna, you are absolutely right. ( again ! LOL )
Bob

I really liked that part of your post, I thought I would copy it in case Ian could tear himself away from the technical section to read this thread:D :D :D

Bobthebuilder 07-09-2007 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht (Post 2191714)
you're right Bob, I just realized that the club names are not listed individualy like they were before. I am not sure if you knew this but earlier today ALL clubs were totaly gone and the threads were put into the regional forums, funny thing is FL was not even listed as a region.

I am sure they will realize this and hopefully fix it. Of course an email or a call to the OSO office could not hurt either:D . So post and vote if you like it the old way. I know I am getting old cause I have come to hate change. So Steve I really think you should consult me before making any more sweeping changes:D :D

Donna, I did see it but did not have time ( I actually went to work today ! ) to respond to it so once again you have come to the rescue. Thank you !:D
As far as change goes, sometimes it is good and sometimes it is not. OSO has done some great things but dropped the ball on this one.:eek:
Bob

Bobthebuilder 07-09-2007 09:11 PM

Looks like our problem is again solved. The surviving Boat Clubs including Ft Myers Offshore are once again listed on the front page under Boat Clubs. Thank you OSO. I'm happy.:D
Bob