Notices

Wannabe no longer,

Old 07-09-2007, 09:17 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 249 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by Phantom1
Wannabe, I've given this a lot of thought. From now on, your Delta name is WasaWannabe.

CLASSIC
Old 07-10-2007, 09:35 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fstboater
You will love it should be a fun toy you just need to up the power a bit I drove mine with 400s for a year. Then went to 575hp dam did that wake it up I have several sets of props and assorted parts best of luck and have fun.
hmm....Our 85 Chris Cat ended up in LOTO last I heard. Did you buy it from somebody out of NY/NJ? When we had it, it was blue with all sorts of custom paint/striping
Old 07-12-2007, 01:31 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Phantom: Too funny, but I hope to hell I am NOT at the Delta House.

Ordered 4 Lifelines from Trick Marine, so the proverbial "hole in the water" is living up to it's name. Cockpit cover is next.

Will get it out this summer and will have some pics.

Wannabe
Old 07-12-2007, 04:27 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Good luck with chris cat, they are great boats.
Attached Thumbnails Wannabe no longer,-100_0662.jpg  
Old 07-13-2007, 11:30 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats! Enjoy your new toy!
Old 07-13-2007, 12:45 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Congrats on the new ride ,Take some more picks and post em

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 07-14-2007, 07:32 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congratulations !

We used to own that boat.....The boat was sold new by a boat dealer on Possum Kingdom Lake.( Possum kingdom is 50 miles west of Ft Worth,Tx.)

The original owner lived close to PK and that was it's first home. Reportedly, it had trouble going on plane and after 10 -12 hours, he quit making payments. However, a Ft Worth politician had co-signed the note. The bank looked to the politician,who then paid it off. The politician built an elaborate covered boat lift and moved it to Eagle Mtn. Lake.(15 miles west of Ft Worth ) The politician had a son that is said,knew nothing about operating the boat. Reportedly,he broke several engines getting on plane,untill his dad said "enough" and put it on the lift. We bought the boat with 99 hrs. on the meter and one broken engine. Both engines were rebuilt to .30 over,making them 468 cu.in.. The cranks were std. and they got everything else they needed.(The broken engine got an excellent matching block that was then bored to .30 over),The CMI's were then installed plus other up-grades. Both engines dynoed @ 470 HP

Then, it's purring and we were ready to go! However, there is this little planing problem. (didn't know the history at that point) WELL,with two in the boat,set the power at 3,500 and both of us crawled up the deck. (little CG adjustment !!!) It fell on plane,back in the cockpit and OFF we went. Everything worked great. But, the planing problem wouldn't work. So,on the phone with George Linder (one of the original Chris Cat designers). George instructed, install 2" spacers and go have fun. He was wright and we put on approx. 20 hrs. of fun time. The boat was a family partnership and my partner wanted a new home. The boat was sold to a local, knowledgeable engineer that was terminaly ill. He used it that summer and his widow put it on the market the next summer. I believe, your Ebay seller bought the boat from her, through a broker. If there was any strucural damage,it was after the Ebay owner purchase.

The boat was featured in a Powerboat story on Lake texoma,during a poker run and at the slip. The story praised the sanitary nostalga.

I would like to believe a set of Konrad drives on box's would be perfect on that boat. The Konrads are supposed to be a direct replacement for the TRS/speedmaster ll.

IF your ever decide to change drives, first consider coreing the transom and glassing in something like Penske Board. Chris Cat's are known to have voids in the transom. Presently,the steering rams serve as gussets, which reinforce the transom.

Good luck with HER, had I known it was on ebay, I would have seriously bid against you!