If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    My Boats:
    2000 42 Lightning

Whats up with this deal?

Had a friend call yesterday and the guy was a tool. Wanted to know what the deal is. Is this for real? How can you sell a boat if you refuse to send more pictures?
    Eric has just pulled the engines from his boat and want to upgrade. I am confused if someone calls and all you can ask is if you have the money how can you sell a boat. This guy is a fellow OSO member that can afford it.
    if you are going to list a boat you are going to have tire kickers!!! Don't be a ass!!!

For your info I would have stopped this week and looked at it for him if you would have talked to him and been more or should I say less abrasive. He would have more than likely to drop a check for it.

If you feel that you might want to talk to Erik again please feel free to call him but be nice. He likes Fountains and wants to upgrade.

It's gotta' be tough these days being on the seller's side- especially of a project. I can only imagine how much of this guy's time ghas been wasted. On the other hand, some folks don't need any encouragement to be the way they are. Maybe he should list it with a broker if he's tired of the calls..

My Boats:
    2004 29 Outlaw
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin View Post
    Maybe he should list it with a broker if he's tired of the calls..
    Exactly. Don't take it out on the serious buyers. When I was looking I found a very nice boat advertised on another site and emailed the guy with a list of questions to see if I was interested before wasting his time with a phone call. One of the things I had asked for was additional pictures (the ones in the ad sucked). The seller responded with something along the lines of "I can take more pictures but honestly don't feel like it. Every so often I get one of these silly emails asking about top speed and the condition of the boat. I guess if you're serious I can go take some." Needless to say I moved on to the next boat and last time I looked his was still for sale.

My Boats:
    2005 42' Fountain SOLD
    1 Flu Ovr KuKos Nest-WI
    All the dude needed to do was send 50 "HI-RES" pix that take 11 hrs to download, guessing he won't request anymore!

Quote Originally Posted by Downtown42 View Post
    All the dude needed to do was send 50 "HI-RES" pix that take 11 hrs to download, guessing he won't request anymore!

Thats one hell of a way to sell a boat. Especially when the guy lives over a thousand miles away. Hope thats not how your going about selling yours. I guess it was too much to ask. Especially since I have motors sitting in my garage looking for a new home.

My Boats:
    I would look elsewhere..the guy must be a tool if he is acting like a jackazz. I hate feeling like im puting someone out especially when im trying to hand them money. I sale const. equipment for a living and I get tire kickers everyday,but I always treat them the way I would want to be treated. People usually buy from people they feel comfortable with.
    Last edited by 99fever27; 07-13-2007 at 09:16 PM.