If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Wanna Race?

Post Wanna Race?

February 12, 2002

Miami, Florida

Torque Engineering Debuts New TORQ 1500SC Engine To The Marine Industry At The Miami International Boat Show.

Torque Engineering Corporation (OTC Bulletin Board: TORQ) will be showing the new TORQ 1500SC to the marine Industry for the first time at the Miami International Boat Show, February 14th through February 19th, 2002. Global Marine Power, Inc. of Calverton, NY, manufacturer of Hustler Powerboats will be hosting the event. Hustler will also be debuting their new "444" with a pair of TORQ 1200 V-12 engines in booth #3122.

Raising the new standard in power to weight ratio, the ultimate new engine is only slightly heavier than the model TORQ 1200 and is the same height as its naturally aspirated counterpart. The new model is consistent in width as the current engines. As like the naturally aspirated models, the TORQ 1500SC runs on premium pump gasoline producing 1400 plus horsepower and is port fuel injected. Torque Engineering chose twin centrifugal supercharges with aftercoolers to produce good transient response, great fuel economy, and excellent top end horsepower.

Ray Wedel, Torque's president stated, "We are building on our existing theme of dense power to weight ratio engines that deliver lasting performance focused on reliability. With the upgrades to the engine block tooling for our TORQ 1500SC we can share in advancements across all models. In addition, the TORQ 1500SC has all the same benefits of our electronics, ignition, and many major components that the rest of the product line up has.”

Torque Engineering is currently offering three models and now introducing the fourth. All models are lightweight, aluminum, 14-liter (860 cubic inches) V-12 ENGINE for the marine pleasure boating industry. Three models are naturally aspirated and the newest is with twin centrifugal supercharges. All feature advanced electronic digital engine management systems, developing 900 to 1400+ horsepower. The TORQUE V-12 engines produce the highest known power for a production engine utilizing pump gasoline.

For further information contact: Torque Engineering Corporation, 2932 Thorne Dr., Elkhart, Indiana 46514. Phone (574) 264-2628 Fax (574) 264-3600 or visit our web site at WWW.TORQUEV12.COM

Or, Global Marine Power, Inc., 4062-74 Grumman Blvd., Calberton, New York 11933. Phone (631) 208-2933 Fax (631) 208-2942 or visit their web site at WWW.HUSTLERPOWERBOATS.COM

My Boats:
    1999 32' Advantage Victory
    Lake St Clair, Michigan

nice to see this here instead of in my e-mail, but that's gotta be bad ass!!

Hell, Its too close to Miami to be pissing people off with email. dont worry though, Ill be back in there

Platinum Member Platinum Member CigDaze's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Cigarette 35 Cafe Racer
    St. Petersburg, FL

Hmmm, yes...Very nice. That'll do quite nicely. I'll take two! How Much??

Seriously, that sounds like a killer set-up. All aluminum, though? Dense power-to-weight can mean only one thing...what's left for integrity?

speel chekk this fokker! Charter Member puder's Avatar
    My Boats:
    27' Scarab
    Locust Valley, New York

now all you need is trannies and dives that can handle that much power and aren;t so heavy the sink the boat or eat up all the HP.

Still cool engines though.
    Pardon me, while I whip this out!