Notices

Lake Hamilton

Old 07-11-2007, 09:23 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Lake Hamilton

Does anyone know anything about this lake and where are the hot spots. Are there any members there that would like to meet up. Headed up Sarurday morning to try something new looks very nice.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:16 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Hamilton

The wife and I have talked about making the trip up there. It's about a 4.5 hour drive for us so we were waiting on the weather to line out before we scheduled a weekend. If we can get a group togather we're game. Talk to OSO member
"marineclean" he's from that area and gave me some good info... LF
Old 07-11-2007, 10:23 AM
Registered

Lake Quachita isd more popular in the area with the perf boats....

Carter, let me know if you ever want to get out on Beaver, do it on a Sunday and We'll get Buck out
Old 07-11-2007, 11:01 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Quachita is the way to go. Hamilton is very crowded with rent a boaters.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:04 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All the hot spots as far as resturants and bars are where Hwy 7 South crosses the lake.

There is a sand bar as they call it heading back toward Blakely Mt Dam just before you cross under the bridge at Hwy 270 West.

I grew up on Hamilton and use to think it was a BIG lake as a child. I was surprised when we were there two years ago and found a 50 foot NorTech on a lift there!

As for Quachita it is VERY pretty and I hear there are a lot of performance boats there. My dad use to have house boat at Mountain Harbor but not much there to do except find and island and spend the day.

Have fun
Old 07-11-2007, 02:21 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for all the info guys. Hamilton is where we will be going up to stay at five points from what I am told. I guess I am going to drag the cig up there and see what its like.
Old 07-11-2007, 03:57 PM
Registered

I'm going to have the 28 over here in late August for a couple weeks. I might hit you and Buck up for a tour of Beaver....

Originally Posted by Cattitude
Lake Quachita isd more popular in the area with the perf boats....

Carter, let me know if you ever want to get out on Beaver, do it on a Sunday and We'll get Buck out
Old 07-11-2007, 04:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by carter31
Does anyone know anything about this lake and where are the hot spots. Are there any members there that would like to meet up. Headed up Sarurday morning to try something new looks very nice.
Dock Holiday is right on the money. Call me when you get on 270E heading towards Hot Springs. I will meet you at the Joplin Store at the entrance to Harbor, it's about 20 miles before Hot Springs.
501-804-9084

Donnie
Old 07-11-2007, 07:31 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 569 Likes on 262 Posts

We are hitting Quachita last weekend of July. Hauling the Baja and Thinking about diving. Heard it was pretty clear too. Is that true? ALso heard Hamilton is the party lake, might have to hit it one day. I think we be stayin at spillway resort. I heard to stock up on beer too, Dry county??
Quinlan
Old 07-11-2007, 07:44 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by oklaoutlaw
We are hitting Quachita last weekend of July. Hauling the Baja and Thinking about diving. Heard it was pretty clear too. Is that true? ALso heard Hamilton is the party lake, might have to hit it one day. I think we be stayin at spillway resort. I heard to stock up on beer too, Dry county??
Quinlan
Ouachita is clear and we do get a lot of divers. Hamilton is a party lake with more patrol and a lot more no wake zones. Ouachita is pretty much wide open just pick your island or cove. Spillway is closer to Hot Springs than any other Marina. It is in Garland County, so liquor is only 10 minutes away by land or boat. You can get beer at Brady Mountain if you run out while on the water. Also, no retail liquor sales on Sundays except for club or bar. State Law.

Quick Reply: Lake Hamilton

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.